Talk

Advanced search

Dress suitable for a brunch? Also what shoes, bolero and handbag please!

(7 Posts)
VinoEsmeralda Sat 30-May-09 16:26:55

My moms 60th b'day brunch in Holland next month and wondering what you wise MN think of this

maxi dress ?

Looks really nice one (according to Dh).

Have brown sandals and thought perhaps a brown bolero and handbag or is that boring?

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 17:00:03

Personally, I'd say a maxi is more for dinners than lunches, but I am VERY old and wore maxis "first time r ound"!

It depends on the venue reallly- is it a hotel, restaurant, casual?

Will it be warm, cold, not sure?

Also depends on your age...???? If youare 2030s this might be ok, but any older and I think you'd be pushing it for a lunch do.

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 17:01:39

How old are you?
waht's the venue?
smart- casual? Age of other diners?

personally I feel maxis are more for evening do-s. It looks a bit too casual and also over dressed at the same time. IYSWIM.

But then I did wear them 1st time around about 35 years back, lol!

howtotellmum Sat 30-May-09 17:02:00

Sorry- weird posting!

VinoEsmeralda Sat 30-May-09 17:05:47

No worries, thanks for the replies! Am 34 and it will be at a restaurant with a stunning garden (hopefully we will be in the garden) and I also think it might be a little bit overdressed but love the dress grin

tattycoram Sat 30-May-09 17:11:56

It's lovely. Sod it, just wear it, who cares if you're overdressed. I wouldn't bother with bolero if warm enough, would wear nice leather flip flops

VinoEsmeralda Sat 30-May-09 21:30:45

thank you tattycoram, have decided to keep the dress and the hunt is on for shrug/heels and bag grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now