Talk

Advanced search

Hmm....why did no one tell me that properly fitting bras make tits look bigger, further apart, and that you then can't fit in a seat properly

(19 Posts)
LaurieFairyCake Sat 30-May-09 11:55:33

I preferred my ill-fitting bra which kept my tits squashed together at the front (touching, oh horror) - with no gap in the middle for the strap.

When I was on the tube last night my top barely fitted in the seat, so uplifted, pushed apart were they grin

CherryChoc Sat 30-May-09 12:00:29

What? Strap? Norkage not fitting in seats?

[bewildered]

mrsmaidamess Sat 30-May-09 12:07:51

How Big are your tits? That they wouldn't fit on the tube?

LaurieFairyCake Sat 30-May-09 12:20:06

they are JJ. The new bra lifts and separates so that the strap now touches skin in the middle, they are now wider than my shoulders shock hence the not really fitting in the seat. Old bra keeps them in front of me with no strap touching my breast bone.

HuffwardlyRudge Sat 30-May-09 12:21:49

Which strap??

<examines own chest for unnoticed straps>

BitOfFun Sat 30-May-09 12:22:42

Hmm,first post on this thread 11.55, next one 12.20...is that the usual delay between your norkage entering the room and the rest of you catching up? grin

LaurieFairyCake Sat 30-May-09 12:23:13

the around the body, under the breast bone strap, it now touches skin so the enormous breasts are not touching each other

LaurieFairyCake Sat 30-May-09 12:23:32

lol at BOF grin

LaurieFairyCake Sat 30-May-09 12:25:01

tis true, I now look like that woman who died with too many boob implants - not helped by the fact that I have really small shoulders and am only 5ft tall so my boobs literally stand off my body as if a seperate sofa.

I am starting to look ridiculous hmm

mrsmaidamess Sat 30-May-09 14:21:15

I think they sound magnificent

soopermum1 Sat 30-May-09 21:00:06

i feel for you, i really do, i used to be a 34J with small shoulders. am now a 32H, so smaller but still the same proportions if you see what I mean. I also look for bras that push my breasts together as I don't want to look 'wide' at the front, though i do wear ones that sit on my breastbone in the middle. if your old bra makes your breasts look better and you felt supported then i would say stick with that one. for smaller girls it seems to be the name of the game to have your boobs pushed together in some sort of wonderbra type contraption, so why should we be different? try some different bras, some push them outwards more that others.. my favourite is a freya one.

tigana Sat 30-May-09 21:04:56

Right size but wrong style?
Most sizes do a lift and seperate version and a support and squish version. You need the latter.

And can I just add, humbly, wow.

brokenspacebar Sat 30-May-09 21:07:46

I second sooper's Freya recommendation -okay I'm only a 32F, butIthink a good fitting bra makes the norks look smaller,imho.

TheFallenMadonna Sat 30-May-09 21:11:23

I have lots of different bras for lots of different outfits. Some of my clothes don't fir if I'm wearing the wrong shape bra. Important wardrobe issue, not understood by lesser-breasted women IME grin

LaurieFairyCake Sun 31-May-09 20:30:14

Lot's of good tips from everyone, thanks girls smile

I'm going to buy a more flattering bra, I think I'm also not used to the full coverage of this bra, I like them a bit low for cleavage <hussy>

SoupDragon Sun 31-May-09 20:33:02

You could probably fit a few tube passengers in that cleavage!

aeonchix Sat 06-Jun-09 05:28:56

I've just stumbled upon this post today. I have the exact same problem and the worst part of all, I'm BFing. I've come to believe that there is no nursing bra that fits me.... I've been using panache balconettes but will have a go with Freya. Thanks soopermum1.

Now... if only I could invent a contraption to bring them norks together, not wider than my shoulders.

skihorse Sat 06-Jun-09 09:15:17

I love Freya - and just cannot get on with Panache. I've never had a bra fit as well as Freya.

TeaSleepFood Sat 06-Jun-09 09:25:16

Just another late addition, I swear by the fantasie balconette bras (32G). Bravissimo website are good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now