Talk

Advanced search

Thomas the Tank Engine t-shirt - for girls!

(28 Posts)
onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 29-May-09 14:38:06

I wonder if anyone can help,

My daughter (aged 2) is a huge Thomas fan, and I want to get her a t-shirt for her birthday. I've looed around, and every one I've seen so far has been in the boys sections of shops, and just way to, urm, boyish!

I'm not a girly person, and normally wouold just get one anyway, but they really are just made for boys.

Anyone know where to get a nice girls one?

Thanks

sassy Fri 29-May-09 14:42:06

JUst get a boy one. They are usually red, or royal blue. You aren't surgically attaching a penis FGS.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 29-May-09 14:43:10

wot sassy said

Ceebee74 Fri 29-May-09 14:44:20

If you really don't want a blue one, M&S do a pack of 2 (one white and one orange) which are fairly neutral colours (Although they are in the boys section wink. Will try and do a link in a mo.

PortAndLemon Fri 29-May-09 14:44:59

What about this? Not specifically "girls" but it's not exactly testosterone-laden...

KristinaM Fri 29-May-09 14:45:21

asda have a set of 3 t shirts in right now which are red green and turquoise with thomas and friends on them

KristinaM Fri 29-May-09 14:46:10

if it bother you why dont you get her thomas PJs then no one will see them?

Ceebee74 Fri 29-May-09 14:46:11

there you go smile

crokky Fri 29-May-09 14:46:12

I got a light blue one for DS in M&S last year. I'll be putting it on my DD, I think it's fine for her. Agree with Ceebee74, have a look in M&S.

paisleyleaf Fri 29-May-09 14:48:06

ASDA do printer paper for transfering onto fabrics
it's great....you can print any Thomas image onto it then iron it onto a girly tshirt
(beware of reversing the image if it has words though)

onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 29-May-09 14:48:14

Thanks - or not?? Sassy that's really helpful - did you not read my post? FGS (unnecessary!)

Thanks Ceebee 74 will try there.

onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 29-May-09 14:51:37

ooh ceebee74 just checked out the M & S ones - I quite like.

paisleyleaf - That's a great idea too - thatnks - then she can have any colour T- shirt.

I'd normally just buy a boys one but as it's summer a lighter colour would just be nicer.

kristnam if I get her PJ's then they're not a t-shirt? I'm looking for a t-shirt!

onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 29-May-09 14:52:43

sorry just seen yours Port and Lemon- I like that alot - too much choice now! Thanks

sassy Fri 29-May-09 15:03:38

ONelittlespeckledfrog - I guess dd is your only one. By the time you have 2 or 3 slightlybiggerspeckledfrogs you will look back at this and raise your eyebrows at yourself, I'm sure.

Do yourself and dd a favour and read the Responsibility to let girls be tomboys thread.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 29-May-09 15:06:19

wot sassy said again

[new bezzy friend]

sassy Fri 29-May-09 15:07:25

<kissy kissy noises in BALD's direction>

sfxmum Fri 29-May-09 15:08:14

dd was a huge Thomas fan and we always got her 'boys' stuff, hats dressing gown, shoes t-shirts but I seem to recall they did some pink Thomas caps and Tshirts a while back at Mothercare

onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 29-May-09 15:08:39

I'd rather read a thread called 'Why Thomas The Tank Engine is Exclusively for Boys' if you could direct me to that one?

Do yourself a favour and stop being so preachy!

onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 29-May-09 15:21:23

Thanks sfxmum I'll look there too.

Sassy you clearly have boys. I have a girl. Please tell me why is it unreasonable to want a Thomas T-shirt for a girl not a boy? It's called equality and clearly you're not a believer!

onelittlespeckledfrog Fri 29-May-09 15:21:23

Thanks sfxmum I'll look there too.

Sassy you clearly have boys. I have a girl. Please tell me why is it unreasonable to want a Thomas T-shirt for a girl not a boy? It's called equality and clearly you're not a believer!

PortAndLemon Fri 29-May-09 15:37:21

I don't think Sassy (who has two daughters, by the way, and no sons as far as I know) thinks it's unreasonable to want a Thomas T-shirt for a girl. She thinks (or I think she thinks) that a Thomas T-shirt for a girl shouldn't look different from a Thomas T-shirt for a boy.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 29-May-09 15:39:47

What P and L said

blimey

I am having no orginal thoughts at all today

Wierd

sassy Sat 30-May-09 08:17:56

<slightly spooked that P&L knows her family and her thoughts so well>

I have 2 dds. The older one s quite girly in her clothing choices; the younger is quite a tomboy and loves dinosaurs above everything else. She has dino tshirts which she loves which <gasp> came from the boys section. Girls' stuff does not have to be/damn well ought not to be pink.

sassy Sat 30-May-09 08:18:38

Oh, and no boys here, just as P&L said.

<still a bit spooked> wink

savoycabbage Sat 30-May-09 08:39:05

You can get lots orf iron on and sew on patches on e-bay. here

They are great I think. I use them quite a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now