Talk

Advanced search

I want super shiny hair!

(14 Posts)
Zebraa Fri 29-May-09 14:28:46

I’ve got what I call ‘normal hair’ it’s wavy naturally but goes super straight if ironed and isn’t fine nor thick, just normal.

What shampoo will give me Jennifer Aniston shiny hair??

AnnieShamrockInYourEar Fri 29-May-09 14:34:27

I would like to know the answer to this too.

PutDown Fri 29-May-09 16:07:52

And me!

HolyGuacamole Fri 29-May-09 16:09:36

Pantene mirror shine shampoo and conditioner is quite good. I've also heard of rinsing with vinegar and then cold water but have never tried it.....yet smile

scottishmummy Fri 29-May-09 16:13:56

MOP modern organic products fantastic quality hair soft and shiny

OhBling Fri 29-May-09 16:18:23

I buy this for a special treat for my hair. it's cheap and fabulous and makes my hair super shiny.

On a day to day basis, salon quality shampoo makes a huge difference, L'Oreal is always good or Kerastase I found. A lot of people I know love Revlon (I just don't like the smell personally).

Rindercella Fri 29-May-09 16:26:39

I swear by Aveda Use this shampoo + conditioner and then use an intensive condtioning treatment such as this once a week.

It is very pricey, but worth it imo.

BunnyLebowski Fri 29-May-09 16:32:14

I've found that the conditioner you get with home hair colours leave my hair unbelievably shiny and smooth.

Although once when I was a student I was getting ready for a big night out and ran out of shampoo so used Fairy liquid and got 3 compliments on how shiny my hair was....go figure?!

bluebump Fri 29-May-09 18:43:30

I buy the conditioners that BunnyLebowski describes, they are about 99p from Boots/Superdrug etc. Otherwise Superdrug do a liquid coconut oil treatment that is about £2.99 which is fab, they do a shine spray too but i've not tried that yet.

samsonara Fri 29-May-09 22:57:21

You could have a clear glossing put on your hair, it's like a temporary colour but without the colour bit but and lasts a few months, you can get it done at the hairdressers, it give your hair a lovely shine that lasts a good few weeks to months if you are lucky

ManicMother7777 Sat 30-May-09 19:08:52

Andrew Collinge - fab. Smells gorgeous too.

moonmother Sat 30-May-09 19:14:27

I have naturally curly hair,which I occasionally straighten.

If I am going to straighten it after I've shampooed and conditioned it I put 1tbsp of honey in a jug and fill it up with warm water.

Put a bowl in the bath to catch the drips and pour it over your hair a couple of times, and then dry as normal.

It leaves hair lovely soft and shiny.grin

cookielove Sat 30-May-09 19:15:50

apparently white wine vinegar will give you super shinny hair

freyaandfred Sat 30-May-09 19:19:41

My hairdresser once told me that it's not the conditioner that makes the difference to how shiny your hair is because they all do the same job, it's how good the shampoo is why I why I tend to spent more on those. Its probably a bit like wine - if it's over 6 pound a bottle, it's probably decent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now