Talk

Advanced search

So which Spanx do I need for post baby tummy?

(37 Posts)
hobbgoblin Sun 24-May-09 22:30:03

Recommendations received lardily

cornsilk Sun 24-May-09 22:30:39

I like the ones that are like long shorts.

hobbgoblin Sun 24-May-09 22:32:47

Do you find them, sweaty at all? I am concerned about dampness! blush

cornsilk Sun 24-May-09 22:33:48

No! They've got a different fabric round the fanjo!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 24-May-09 22:36:31

I love the spanx higher power, they go from bra strap to mid thigh.

Marthasmama Sun 24-May-09 22:38:08

Right, I have a question..... I got some Spanx, the long shorts ones with the high waist. I put them on and they had a <ahem> viewing hole in the crotch. I felt like an ageing Jordan all day with my crotchless granny pants. Were mine broken or are they meant to be flappy in the gusset? blush for my Spanx inexperience.

cornsilk Sun 24-May-09 22:42:01

Actually I think mine might be like that now you mention it. I may have been thinking of a pair of black tights before.hmm

KristinaM Sun 24-May-09 22:42:46

martha - the ..ahem... hole is not for viewing

Marthasmama Sun 24-May-09 22:43:15

DH thought it was! grin

hobbgoblin Sun 24-May-09 22:52:52

This sounds good.. a wee hole. And different material to avoid sweatiness. Am impressed.

Think your DH was living in vein hope of them being in some way sexy. Don't shatter his illusions I reckon grin

Marthasmama Sun 24-May-09 22:53:29

Anyway, back to Hobbgoblin's original question...I would recommend the high waisted ones as they have no chance of rolling down. They also give you a bit of a waist. Beware of the hole in the gusset though wink

hobbgoblin Sun 24-May-09 22:55:09

Vain, not vein. Was distracted by my very own varicose vein for a moment...

Marthasmama Sun 24-May-09 22:55:16

hobbgoblin - I have saved a pair of my post c-section massive granny pants and my special surgical stockings. I am planning on wearing them all for our 5th anniversary in November. Lucky boy! grin

MamaHobgoblin Mon 25-May-09 10:37:09

I agree re. high waist - the last thing you want is to be hitching up pants of steel all the time! Although I think Spanx prides itself on making non-roll pants.

I have an annoying problem with Spanx - I try them on in John Lewis (the sample ones!) and one size is too small for me and the next one up is too large and doesn't hold me in enough. grrr.

Have always wondered if I could cope with the tiny pee-hole - t'would be horrible if you dribbled and then had to go about with wet Spanx. sad

TheDevilWearsPenneys Mon 25-May-09 10:40:44

www.agentprovocateur.com/maternity/info/post-control-brief/black--red

Made by gods. They are wonderful. And sexier than spanx.

hobbgoblin Tue 26-May-09 10:21:16

I agree about high waist. I have had some non spank tummmy sucky in pants before and the lower waisted ones rolled down all the time.

Agent P ones are much more attractive, I agree. Better start saving!

GoodGrrrlGoneBad Tue 26-May-09 13:59:44

TK Maxx is great for these kind of pants - i bought 2 pairs for a total of £9 the other day. One pair was leopard print (which i know isn't everyone's cup of tea) so they are quite funky looking. They had all colours / sizes though, and dead cheap. I've been wearing mine to work under skinny jeans and clingy tops, and people have been commenting how slim i look.

Bellebelle Tue 26-May-09 15:20:51

Definitely the high waisted ones which are like cycling shorts IMO, unless you just have a little belly I find I need something which goes right up under my bust. I have never actually used the wee hole though, too scared that I might not pee straight. The AP ones are lovely but would cut right across my flab!

I have 2 pairs which I wear under fitted dresses for work, only realized how effective they are when colleagues were having a discussion about exercise and asked me how I managed to have such a flat tummy after DCs! I muttered something about pilates and changed the topic blush

BlingDreaming Tue 26-May-09 16:05:08

Where do you buy spanx? Im' always trying new wonder underwear and inevitably it works on the area it's supposed to but creates horrible bulges elsewhere or rolls down or up or whatever. Disheartening.

Bellebelle Tue 26-May-09 18:09:55

I bought mine in Selfridges but I think that house of Fraser and debenhams stock them

fuzzypeach Mon 22-Jun-09 22:54:39

Just searched for a thread on spanx and found this!

i am trying to decide between slim cognito and hide and sleek (both of which are from thigh to under the bust) the slim cognito ones seem to be the ones with firmer control from what i can gather, but they have straps to attatch to your bra so they dont roll down, and have found some bad reivews online about the straps being fiddly/the waist rolling down anyway... anyone got any views on this? dont want to spend a fortune on them and for them to be rolling down! they are to wear under a bridesmaid dress, and i dont really want to have to attach them to my bra as i hvae enough trouble keeping that in place without something yanking it down!

fuzzypeach Mon 22-Jun-09 22:55:16

forgot to say, sorry for the hijack smile

EldonAve Mon 22-Jun-09 22:59:44

I went for the Higher Power high waisted power brief
No issues with rolling down

John Lewis stock them so you can try on

fuzzypeach Mon 22-Jun-09 23:29:01

Ok great thanks! do they really do wonders then?!

EldonAve Tue 23-Jun-09 11:02:17

I think they are worth the money but they can't perform miracles

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now