Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone tried the Pearl drops paint on tooth whitener ??

(22 Posts)
mummyloveslucy Sat 23-May-09 16:38:07

I have a wedding to go to soon and wondered if it was any good, or does it look fake?
It's not something you can try before you buy. If you've tried it, please let me know what you think. smile

Lulumama Sat 23-May-09 16:39:24

oh i nearly bought it yesterday, but wanted to know what it was like.... <<waits with interest>>

schneebly Sat 23-May-09 16:42:14

I bought the more subtle one but am a bit hmm about it. It doesnt rally make your teeth look whiter but is does make them look all shiny and sparkly. I think I need the heavy duty one but was worried it would look too OTT.

Lulumama Sat 23-May-09 16:47:01

shiny and sparkyl is good, non?

schneebly Sat 23-May-09 16:48:32

yes but I was conscious that if you looked closely you could see the flecks of glittery stuff blush and it is no good for me - yellow sparkly teeth not a good look! grin

schneebly Sat 23-May-09 16:48:58

Oh and I am glad dds leg is okay - poor lamb!

Lulumama Sat 23-May-09 16:49:06

grin you need to paint it on and show me, so i can be brutally honest.

Lulumama Sat 23-May-09 16:49:21

thanks. she enjoyed the drama !

schneebly Sat 23-May-09 16:53:15

I really shouldn't be on here - have done no packing and house still a mess but I am struggling to get motivated! 2 weeks of placement followed by last night's drama has just about finished me off. Will have to be caffeinated to the hilt to drive up tomorrow!

iMissEdith Sat 23-May-09 16:53:15

I use this

You can't go wrong.

wink

schneebly Sat 23-May-09 16:57:24

grin cheaper too!

mummyloveslucy Sat 23-May-09 17:09:44

Thanks everyone. smile Lol at schneebly's link. grin
I have one tooth which is discolouring, it's at the front. I'll have to have it capped eventually, but thought maybe something could make it look better for now.

Jewelsandgems Sat 23-May-09 19:38:43

If you can get hold of crest whitestrips then do - they make a massive difference in just 5 days

howtotellmum Sat 23-May-09 19:43:47

Do the strips workif you teeth are not straight- how do they fit over the overlapping teeth! Also, I'd be worried about increased sensitivity as have heard so many neg reports after DIY whitening.

Jewelsandgems Sat 23-May-09 19:51:39

It's like a clear flexible slippery strip with beads of whitening gel on one side. You press them on and fold them over the backs of your teeth (you can press them in around your overlapping tooth I guess)

Sensitivity-wise, well the ones I have you wear for 5 mins for 5 days. And I did not get any sensitivity. But, a few years before that I used some others - still same brand etc... - but these were worn for 30 mins twice a day, for 7 days. And my teeth were sensitive for about 2 days after, and then they were back to normal.

With the ones for 5 mins, after just 3 days my teeth were very noticibly whiter, and lots of friends commented (more in a something is different about you way, than a ross-off-friends wow you have whitened your teeth!) grin

soopermum1 Sat 23-May-09 21:22:55

Hi Jewelsandgems.

would you mid posting a link to the Crest strips you are currently using, or let me know exactly which ones they are. Really fancy giving them a go. cheers

Jewelsandgems Mon 25-May-09 19:13:22

These are them:

www.whitestrips.com/en_CA/whitestripsProducts/dailyMulticare.jsp

soopermum1 Mon 25-May-09 22:44:55

cheers, J&G

Got so impatient last night I ended up buying the ones you leave on for half an hour, will let you know the results when i get them and have a chance to pop them on for a few days smile

Highlander Thu 28-May-09 15:17:44

I used crest whitestrips when I lived in Canada - they really are great.

I usually get friends to bring them back from the USA now for a yearly fix wink

LongDroopyBoobyLady Mon 15-Jun-09 12:26:35

soopermum1, what's the result? Are they any good?

waitingforgodot Mon 15-Jun-09 18:56:12

the pearl drops one is rubbish. I tried it.

fatjac Mon 15-Jun-09 20:53:34

Bumping this as I would like to know how you got on with the crest strips too. I am very tempted to try it. I noticed a place in town that was doing laser whitening for £149.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now