Talk

Advanced search

Suit jackets with long sleeves - do they exist?

(7 Posts)
ThePreciousIdiot Wed 04-May-05 09:30:46

Now, I'm not bizarrely deformend with a huge hunch and knuckles that drag on the floor BUT finding suits with long sleeves seems like an impossible task.

I need some ideas please and if anyone tells me to go to Next I will scream!

I have looked at Long Tall Sally but nothing really takes my fancy

ThePreciousIdiot Wed 04-May-05 09:44:43

Please don't abandon me in my hour of need, I can not be destined to a life of jacked up sleeves

ThePreciousIdiot Wed 04-May-05 11:47:40

<sigh> I am a freak

Newbarnsleygirl Wed 04-May-05 11:52:01

No you are not a freak!

Where else have you tried?

Topshop, River Island, Dot Perks (I think) have clothes for taller women.

TheVillageIdiot Wed 04-May-05 11:56:50

Top Shop isn't really smart enough. I never go in Dot P's though I think we have one, could possibly try there.

River Island are shorter than next and don't do many suits at all.

Even the 'Long' options in these shops only refer to the trouser leg, Next used to lengthen but don't any more.

TheVillageIdiot Wed 04-May-05 20:20:13

bump

kikidee Thu 05-May-05 08:26:32

I know what you mean Village Idiot. I'm quite tall and have long arms and I find Jigsaw's suits fit me well. Jackets are always long enough in the sleeves and trousers are usually fine too. I bought a suit from Reiss a few months ago and the sleeves were really short and I got a tailor to take them down slightly for me. It depends on how the sleeves have been finished as the fabric may have been cut away but it can work quite well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now