Talk

Advanced search

Have bosoms, need swimsuit

(14 Posts)
bakedpotato Tue 03-May-05 18:54:44

Have looked at figleaves, boden, toast, nothing doing. Need pretty plainish onepiece with scaffolding, to be ordered online.
Help

Ameriscot2005 Tue 03-May-05 18:57:37

Bravissimo have them on their website. Never tried them personally.

katzguk Tue 03-May-05 19:05:37

try www.brastop.com

great for cheap bras but sell swimsuits too! generally about 50% of the RRP

beachyhead Tue 03-May-05 19:08:38

Got mine from John Lewis - made by fantasie - lots of scaffolding and cup sizes too

SoupDragon Tue 03-May-05 19:09:38

A swimming swimsuit or a beach swimsuit?

SoupDragon Tue 03-May-05 19:11:33

Debenhams has this available in DD+ cup sizes

bakedpotato Tue 03-May-05 19:41:08

i'm after a holiday swimsuit...
I suppose i quite like this but it is stupidly expensive. On reflection, I think I only like it bcs it doesn't look entirely utiliarian. all the other scaffold-swimsuits look kind of soviet. SD's diamante number is the other exception, but I can't open the link (though I'm not sure I'd get away with diamante, TBH)

bakedpotato Tue 03-May-05 19:47:27

does anyone know, are tankinis at all forgiving? i'm feeling a bit stout.

motherinferior Tue 03-May-05 19:49:41

I always like the idea of tankinis, because I bet they don't actually reveal much.

Am currently swimming in a £5 number from Tesco - actually, that's a thought, are supermarkets out of your shopping ken at the moment?

Emailed you re Exciting Night Out (yours) today, by the way, trust you had fabulous and decadent time.

bakedpotato Tue 03-May-05 19:52:44

impressed that you are posting while swimming, MI. Do you have laptop on inflatable?

motherinferior Tue 03-May-05 19:53:31

har har har. I swim, with matronly enthusiasm, through the magnificent municipal facilities of Sarfeast Lunnon, where Style is fortunately not a Top Consideration.

HRHDuchessofPeahead Tue 03-May-05 19:59:08

have lots of swimsuits but no bosoms so can't help.

but I think expensive is good when it comes to swimsuits. I think the more flesh an item of clothing exposes, the greater the pounds per square inch of material it should cost...

Ameriscot2005 Wed 04-May-05 06:49:45

Tankinis are good. That's what I prefer to wear. The break between the top and bottom means that the eye is taken away from the bulging belly.

It's also very practical for going to the loo, and breastfeeding in.

bakedpotato Wed 04-May-05 09:52:05

doesn't one's tum burst out of the gap?
hmm, think i'd get a tankini if i could find one with a long top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now