Talk

Advanced search

What to do about my lady moustache?

(24 Posts)
ProstetnicVogonJeltz Fri 08-May-09 15:37:56

Am avoiding writing essays.

have done legs, bikini line/fanjo and armpits. could i use the same cream on moustche? would it grow back stubbly and black? should i just stop avoiding academia?

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Fri 08-May-09 15:41:55

sorry can't help but bumping 'cos I also want to know. Generally combination of bleach/pluck but considering electrolysis. NEVER shave is apparently the accepted creed.

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Fri 08-May-09 15:43:05

(btw - please don't avoid academia - like erasmus said - learning is nutrition, food is only fuel...)

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 08-May-09 15:47:23

we-ll

veeted my tache but ooooo the pain

that's all I'm going to say

cornsilk Fri 08-May-09 15:47:35

Last night I dreamt I had a stubbly beardy growth that went all down my neck.In my dream I was going to shave it. I wouldn't in RL though.

StayFrosty Fri 08-May-09 15:51:07

Don't use veet on your face, if you have a bad reaction to it, there is no hiding place. Either wax, bleach or electrolysisify it instead.

Off topic, but Erasmum being quoted in response to a style adn beauty/depilation query is just one of the reasons i heart mumsnet so very.

ProstetnicVogonJeltz Fri 08-May-09 15:53:28

so in real life you'd keep a stubbly chin and neck?

cornsilk Fri 08-May-09 15:54:20

No in RL I would have a head transplant.

Doodle2U Fri 08-May-09 15:56:25

Buy eyebrow waxing strips (they're the right shape for this job). Zip them off and tash will be gone in less than 2 seconds, leaving you the rest of the day TO GET SOME BLOODY WORK DONE! grin

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 08-May-09 15:57:19

yy veet wax strips is what I used

I whipped off one side and my face was like this and then I had to steel self to do the other side of top lip

yowser

Lizzzombie Fri 08-May-09 15:58:56

Wax it off. Have a paracetamol before hand. It hurts for about 10 seconds, and lasts for ages. Grows back soft. Easy peasy. Veet strips are a great way of doing it yourself. (you can use them on your chin too! wink)

ProstetnicVogonJeltz Fri 08-May-09 15:59:23

have pain ishoos. can't do waxing.

bunnymother Fri 08-May-09 16:01:33

Use depilatory cream for facial hair. Boots do a good one that comes w nice soothing cream for afterwards. Leave the depilatory on for the same time you leave your conditioner in when washing your hair. Painless, cheap and easy. Like all beauty treatments should be!

woodenchair Fri 08-May-09 16:03:09

I use veet strips. Not brave enough to do the whole lot in one go so i cut them in half. It does hurt but it's worth it as it lasts for ages and i pluck anything obvious in between waxing

cornsilk Fri 08-May-09 16:33:30

Epilation.

MadameCastafiore Fri 08-May-09 16:35:13

You can have it lasered to get rid of it - costs a lot but probably worth it in the long run - only thing I didn't inherit from the mediteraean side of me so wouldn't know first hand but an Israeli friend had hers done as was a bit Freddy Mercury and you would never know!

ProstetnicVogonJeltz Fri 08-May-09 16:38:02

it isn't evendark but rather thick so canbe seen hen the light shines a certain way. would lasers work? how much would that cost and would it hurt.
cannotimaginethe agony of epilating top lip. ow ow ow.

dexter73 Fri 08-May-09 16:54:32

Another vote for Veet wax strips. I don't find that it hurts but I have been waxing for so long I think my lip hairs are very fine.

brimfull Fri 08-May-09 17:21:23

laser won't work if the hair is light

dd has her top lip sugared,much gentler than waxing apparently

cornsilk Fri 08-May-09 18:52:48

Epilation is not as painful as laser. I've had epilation on my bikini line - it's not unbearable.

hockeypuck Fri 08-May-09 18:58:39

Another vote for Boots facial hari removing cream, that comes with the soothing moisturiser - just don't use it on broken skin and it's fine - no pain or reaction from me and I'm pretty sensitive to stuff.

Oh and another person avoiding academia by sorting out my tache tonight instead of comcluding my essay. Oh and painting my toenails too (it will help me study honest!).

Honeymum Sat 09-May-09 18:45:38

Have it threaded. I do. Is a bit painful and red but fine after an hour and no spots...
hth

hockeypuck Sun 10-May-09 16:47:12

Honeymum - I'm interested in the threading - how long does that last?

Honeymum Sat 04-Jul-09 22:27:11

I go every 2 weeks but it would last slightly longer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now