Talk

Advanced search

Grrr at wedding dresses!!!

(16 Posts)
flamesparrow Mon 02-May-05 15:06:26

Currently looking a tad over dressed for a bank holiday bbq!!!

Wedding in 4 weeks, and dress is strappless, so I am wearing a strapless dress from a wedding I went to last summer, so I don't get tan lines!!!

Unfortunately, being large of boobies, I don't have any strapless tops, so it is going to be an active few weeks for this dress, or an indoorsy one for me!

flamesparrow Mon 02-May-05 15:07:07

Lol - just had a text from my mum... apparantly I'm not overdressed, its that no-one else made an effort which is clearly bad manners on their part

charleepeters Mon 02-May-05 15:08:33

poor you i suffer from big boobyness and i try to avoid strappless tops as i dont want them falling down and scaring small children! i feel for you though.

Aero Mon 02-May-05 15:22:55

pmsl fs - great text from your Mum! Will look forward to hearing about your day in four weeks though!

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 16:22:06

Well at least you're not going topless and scaring everyone. lol

What a great mum you have there. I think that she's right, they are all so rude and have made no effort at all.

flamesparrow Mon 02-May-05 16:58:12

Tis very fun [not convinced face]

All of DP's friends, who are all game playing people (xbox etc), and me, who likes books, and would probably like the games were I ever given the chance to play em

crunchie Mon 02-May-05 17:04:36

isn't tht what fake tan is for?? ;)

basketcase Mon 02-May-05 17:13:13

lol
go and buy a floaty long sleeved cotton/linen type top for outdoors to avoid strap marks and wear sun scream round you neckline.

SenoraPostrophe Mon 02-May-05 17:51:16

2 things: sun cream and fake tan.

flamesparrow Mon 02-May-05 19:03:32

Think I'll go for the floaty top - will go shopping tomorrow.

Suncream I have a tendency to miss spots , and fake tan will be too dark with the dress, which actually looks good with my skin quite light (pale gold colour)

anchovies Mon 02-May-05 19:07:06

Don't suppose you fancy posting a link to your dress (is there one)?! Just ignore me if you don't want to - sorry for being nosy! I had a light gold dress for my wedding last year and I am fair skinned too, everyone commented on how the colour really suited me. Four weeks to go, how exciting!

flamesparrow Mon 02-May-05 20:06:52

The link makes it look absolutely hideous! It looks all stripey!

Its Tiffany by Maggie Sottero if that helps?

anchovies Mon 02-May-05 20:25:22

I had a maggie sottero felicity in light gold and my picture was terrible too so I know what you mean! I love maggie sottero dresses, I had a feeling that's would you'd be getting when you said it was pale gold! Does it have a corset back? Mine did and I had the best waist ever!

flamesparrow Mon 02-May-05 20:33:03

Yup - tis all corsetted, and I am a very curvy lady anyway, so it looks amazing!

Off to look up yours now too

anchovies Mon 02-May-05 20:34:33

Looked much better on me than on the model! Even if I did have to order a size 20!

flamesparrow Mon 02-May-05 21:05:19

Lol - will be honest - not a good picture!

Isn't it strange how these things look much better on?

I went to find a pic to show Psychomum5 (best friend) and the silence before her saying "Its nice" said it all!!! I was all confused then and showed my mum, and she said "God, it looks awful!!"

Each fitting since I've been saying "Are you sure I don't look like a zebra???"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now