Talk

Advanced search

have binned straighteners for velcro rollers

(26 Posts)
BernardsCat Fri 08-May-09 08:38:42

god i am the hilda ogden of our road.
They are the best thing ever arent they?
rough blow dry hair, bung mousse in, bung rollers in, prat around tidying and ba boom! lovely blow dry lookign hair

oneyummymummy Fri 08-May-09 08:41:37

I can never get them in my hair! How do you do it? But I do have thick hair. Do you put it all in the rollers?

nevergoogledragonbutter Fri 08-May-09 08:42:56

oh me too.
have even been twisting my hair while it's wet and leaving it. goes all beachy curls.
straighteners are so over.

spinspinsugar Fri 08-May-09 08:43:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

spinspinsugar Fri 08-May-09 08:44:18

angelene Fri 08-May-09 08:44:49

Doesn't it take forever though? Is it as nice and shiny as with straighteners?

I am cursed with wavy hair so I love my straighteners for just giving me a professional, sleek look. I don't go for the full-on ironed hair all over.

BernardsCat Fri 08-May-09 09:01:44

well i got out of the bath at 7 15 and hair is all done now.
you dry it till it is almost there, part it etc, shove em in, i then srpay over a bit of Elnett and do my makeup, tidy etc.

then i have HERUGE cheryl cole hair that needs taming a bit

alicecrail Fri 08-May-09 09:05:23

You have all been watching a bit too much Mad Men! I admit i was thinking the same on tuesday when Betty was having her hair done and it all looked so glamourous!

angelene Fri 08-May-09 09:05:32

Ah well I need to get it from wet to dry and finished in about 15 mins. Maybe one for the weekends.

Can't stand product in my hair either.

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 08-May-09 09:07:01

You are all channelling anthea turner

wink

TheCrackFox Fri 08-May-09 09:23:02

My hair is so thick that it would take all day to dry. I am stuck with hairdryer/straighteners forever.

Queenoftheharpies Fri 08-May-09 09:39:13

Curlers rock! my mobile hairdresser put my heated rollers in for me last time he was doing my hair and for a day and a half afterwards I felt like I actually had a hairstyle, as opposed to just having hair.

He says velcro ones are much easier to use, but I'm scared they'll get all tangled up and I'll have to cut them out.

BernardsCat Fri 08-May-09 18:33:57

I love antheas hair.

brimfull Fri 08-May-09 18:35:59

oooh really
you don't get the hair all tangled

must try this

BernardsCat Fri 08-May-09 18:38:40

Oh no.
i am now the owner of about 5 rollers - oyu always lose one.
SO almsot dry it, then shove in rollers till the postman knocks until you are ready to go out.

BernardsCat Fri 08-May-09 18:39:07

adn it gievs a really good blow dried look that LASTS

<ends advert>

my hair still looks ok.

brimfull Fri 08-May-09 18:42:29

right will give it a go

need body on top of my head

mrswoolf Fri 08-May-09 18:52:39

BernardsCat Fri 08-May-09 19:38:56

My hair dresser also once said dont let the layers on the top and the allover lenght be two far apart - makes it lank

applepudding Fri 08-May-09 20:02:48

I bought some of these once and ended up giving them to my mum as it took too long for my hair to dry.

Maybe I'll give it another go.

CarGirl Fri 08-May-09 20:06:59

If I towel dry my hair and leave it (no rollers or hair dryer) it takes hmmm around 5 or 6 hours to dry out.

I have too much hair and it's very pourous.

<<wail>>

brimfull Fri 08-May-09 20:32:09

just got showered and dressed for work

parted my hair on the other side and hey presto amazing oomph

BernardsCat Fri 08-May-09 22:12:04

no no no
dry it till almost done,
hold dryer right next to hair

then bung in

CarGirl Sat 09-May-09 14:58:13

But hairdrying my hair takes probably 30 minutes, seriously it's a complete faff - I straighten mine to take the "omph" out and make it look like I have less hair!

lambanana Sat 09-May-09 20:29:52

I use straighteners to smooth the waves in my naturally wavy hair as they can get a bit frizzy (like Maria does hers on Corrie).

I have had the hairdreser use velcros on mine for a curl but I have got Charles Worthington heated rollers which are fab for an even bigger curl.

Straight hair is so passe don't ya know! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now