Talk

Advanced search

quite fancy some chunky/beady jewellery, where do you buy yours?

(22 Posts)
spiderinthebath Tue 05-May-09 10:34:44

cant seem to find nice chunky beads - all circles of diff colours, is there a website that is good? thanks... grin

BrendaAndEddie Tue 05-May-09 10:36:33

I cna tell you where is strangely good( bear with me..)

SUPerdruG!!

and East if you have a store there

brimfull Tue 05-May-09 10:39:28

matalan

wallis sometimes

fatface sale

moonmother Tue 05-May-09 10:45:43

try Folksy - it's all handmade and there's a great selection .

www.folksy.com

spiderinthebath Tue 05-May-09 11:00:51

ooooooh just been v tempted on folksy, some lovely original things, thanks for that moon

chelseamorning Tue 05-May-09 13:46:16

Try Tom Foolery. Their costume jewellery is very original and reasonably priced. Bought a few pieces from a craft fair recently and just love them to bits!

mum2boys2girls Tue 05-May-09 14:41:17

I love www.lellodirect.com have lovely beaded jewellary plus inexpensive smile

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 05-May-09 14:49:17

I make my own these days - am becoming obsessed. Dangerous thing to start grin

ninedragons Wed 06-May-09 00:47:08

Etsy!

Greensneeze Wed 06-May-09 00:47:50

camden market!

BettyTurnip Wed 06-May-09 00:54:53

Asda! grin

Jacksmama Wed 06-May-09 03:33:57

I make mine, like TheProfiteroleThief. Had some bragging pics on my profile but don't know where they've gone. It can easily become an obsession though! First you play with it and buy the crap supplies (tiger tail wire and plastic/ glass beads), and then you get good at it and then you have to buy the expensive stuff (semi-precious stones, or the yummy quartzes, pearls, crystals, and sterling silver wire). Ex-pen-sive!!!!!! But very satisfying because you start to look at jewelry in stores and think, " I can make that!" or even, "I can do better than that!" blush, and often, it's even true!

moonmother Wed 06-May-09 07:38:55

Lol Jacksmama a woman after my own heart.

Also if you make your own , you always have a piece of jewellery for every outfit! grin

ohdearwhatnext Wed 06-May-09 09:08:17

Next, White Stuff, Accessorize, John Lewis ( try online as well as stores.)

Jacksmama Wed 06-May-09 12:51:16

That's the other thing!! I can always make something to match whatever. Need a bit of a heads up though, the type of stuff I make now can't be knocked out in 5 mins... so much fun though. I haven't done much (if any) beading since I've had DS, and I miss it.

lambanana Wed 06-May-09 13:08:34

I have had some necklaces from Peacocks but they can be a bit hit and miss. Primark have currently got chunky stuff but a lot of it is bright blue and red.

Next have good stuff but wait for the sale - normally half price or less.

Neens70 Mon 11-May-09 09:16:01

I have a website where I sell my own handmade jewellery online. Also sell at local craft and school fairs. Lots of chunky at the moment and add new stuff every week. The address is www.ShineYorkshire.com

Neens70 Mon 11-May-09 09:18:56

sorry, the link is www.ShineYorkshire.com

CheshireCally Mon 11-May-09 09:29:06

I make my own as well www.CeeGeeJewellery.com - lots of beads but I don't tend to make a lot of chunky stuff.

Would definitely recommend Folksy and Etsy (type UK in with your search terms to buy British!), and also www.Coriandr.com which is a new UK site for handcrafted goods. Happy shopping!

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 11-May-09 12:03:32

Top Shop, H & M and Miss Selfridge are all fab for chunky jewellery and are never too expensive either (altho their sales are worth hunting around in).

SlidyHeidi Fri 15-May-09 12:49:54

I've go to agree with Mum2boys2girls the range from Lello is fab!

DeFreitas Tue 16-Jun-09 11:15:06

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now