Talk

Advanced search

Bra straps on show

(68 Posts)
Sponge Thu 28-Apr-05 12:12:20

Is it just me or does anyone else hate this look? A vest top or dress with spaghetti straps or straps in a different place to your bra so that your bra straps are on display. Normally not even a pretty bra but an old greyish white one.

beansmum Thu 28-Apr-05 12:14:44

I do this, only if the bra is the same colour and not old. I have to wear a bra so it's either that or never wear strappy tops

Ameriscot2005 Thu 28-Apr-05 12:16:20

There are so many alternatives to having straps on show. I also hate this look. Of course, mostly just jealous that I can't get away with strappy tops anymore.

suzywong Thu 28-Apr-05 12:16:28

I hate this look, don'g know how it became acceptable, it just looks daft and lazy IMO

bring back corsets and camisoles I say
Actually a corset would do me fine

TheVillageIdiot Thu 28-Apr-05 12:19:59

I hate it. Even worse of those tacky clear straps - do people honestly think you can't see them?!?!?!

there are so many decent strapless t-shirt bras around - everyone thinks you have beautiful per, perfect boobs with one of those!

I will however admit to jazzing up boring vest by buying extravagant bras with beautiful straps to wear underneath, I think that can look very pretty (must be very careful to get right combination)

All old white bras should be binned - greyish over the shoulder boulder holder straps are even worse - ick!

TheVillageIdiot Thu 28-Apr-05 12:26:57

Sorry for the strong opinion there - pet hate(?) perhaps.

<don't die thread>

almostanangel Thu 28-Apr-05 12:28:37

isnt the thong on show worse!!??

TheVillageIdiot Thu 28-Apr-05 12:29:38

don't like that either, although strugly to keep mine hidden sometimes (poxy low slung jeans)

bundle Thu 28-Apr-05 12:30:20

visible, brightly coloured straps deffo better than see thru (don't they chafe?) but only on under-15's. also far preferable to thong on show.

almostanangel Thu 28-Apr-05 12:30:45

lol...

fastasleep Thu 28-Apr-05 12:31:30

What about us hot people (as in sweaty!) who have breasts far too large for strapless bras and who fancy wearing a strappyish top!? Are we meant to hide our shoulders forever more... sillyness. I've never been able to wear a strappy top without a bra underneath even when I was a size 6 all over because my boobs are massive, I think they look fine if they match the top colour. Not sure I would wear one with a huge maternity/breastfeeding bra though!

suzywong Thu 28-Apr-05 12:31:38

there will be a backlash against all this outer underwear in a few years, mark my words

TheVillageIdiot Thu 28-Apr-05 12:32:38

It's alright - I've taken to commando sometimes! or a wide belt.

I've never even bought a bra with see-through straps I dislike them that much!

Gobbledigook Thu 28-Apr-05 12:32:50

Hate it and I wouldn't wear a top if you would have to see bra straps - would wear a strapless bra or none or avoid the top. Just looks too naff for words.

almostanangel Thu 28-Apr-05 12:32:55

i know nothing to do with this ,,well sort of ..i read in a magg a woman had a bum lift ..the cotton goes though each cheek then thought the tail bone pulled tight ..tied in a knot then the scar tissue grows over it and voila..a bum bra ,,eek

fastasleep Thu 28-Apr-05 12:34:04

Bras with see-through straps - bleeeeuch!!!

Is it very sad of me to say that very very occasionally I like thongs on show? I mean, you can get these really really pretty ones with little sparkly butterflies at the back and...*shuts up whilst you take her outside and shoot her!*

almostanangel Thu 28-Apr-05 12:34:25

fast asleep massive booby doos here too!! again changing subject i want a really comfy bra !!

TheVillageIdiot Thu 28-Apr-05 12:34:54

OMG AAA, are you for real - that sounds SO awful?

almostanangel Thu 28-Apr-05 12:35:37

my nearly 16 year old has thongs with butterflies on ,,etc hate hanging thenm on line next to my comfy draws lol

fastasleep Thu 28-Apr-05 12:35:46

Some of you guys don't know how upsetting it is though, when you're 16 years old and you can't wear that gorgeous halterneck top everyone else is wearing or that pretty satin cami with beads etc etc through no fault of your own, just stupid bloody breasts that won't stop growing...the only option is for bra straps to show...sigh

Gobbledigook Thu 28-Apr-05 12:35:49

If you have to wear a bra, why not buy a vest top but with slightly wider straps (rather than 'spaghetti' straps) so the bra can be hidden?

Each to their own and if you don't mind showing the bra then fair enough but I wouldn't.

No thongs on show either - naff, naff, naff.

lou33 Thu 28-Apr-05 12:36:18

not keen on the one shouldered look in the first place, but i HATE seeing women wearing them with a normal bra on underneath, so the bare side has a strap on display

Gobbledigook Thu 28-Apr-05 12:37:09

Fastasleep - NO NO NO!!! Not even sparkly thongs - yuk!!!!

almostanangel Thu 28-Apr-05 12:37:27

yep for real think it was marie clare..dh noticed the page as it was loadsa ladies with their bums on show well nakid actually .

TheVillageIdiot Thu 28-Apr-05 12:37:52

Ooo yes Lou - agree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now