Buying clothes online - recommendations pls esp for those whose size guides and clothes correspond!

(9 Posts)
EldonAve Fri 17-Apr-09 10:45:13

Last week I ordered stuff online from New Look, LK Bennett and Monsoon

Now I expected the New Look sizing to be a bit random but the Monsoon stuff was way bigger then the size guide so it's all going back

LK Bennett sent faulty shoes so not keen to try them again

Where would you recommend?

EldonAve Fri 17-Apr-09 12:58:44

bump

EldonAve Fri 17-Apr-09 17:30:23

bump

EldonAve Sat 18-Apr-09 10:01:04

no one shops online then

MrsMattie Sat 18-Apr-09 10:08:38

Depends what you're buying. There are some things I won't buy online. Jeans, for instance. And I am very wary with tops, too, as I am tall and never know if they are going to come up too short. Wouldn't buy jackets/coats, either, as I need to know the sleeves won't be flapping somewhere around my elbow!

I tend to buy 'day' dresses, skirts, shoes and some undies online. I'm a 14 and can usually tell which shops are going to come up small ('younger' shops like Oasis, River Island, Urban Outfitters etc) and which will come up big (M&S is a killer for this, Monsoon also).

Shops I've found really good for sizing:

White Stuff
FatFace
Great Plains
Warehouse
Dotty P
Topshop (although I only buy 'basics' like vest tops, leggings, cardis etc from them)

Office online is my staple shoe shop. Never had a problem with them. I'm big of foot (size 8) and they always have my size in stock, too, which is not always the case elsewhere.

I do a lot of online shopping, so if you have any specific questions, ask away.

paddingtonbear1 Sat 18-Apr-09 10:12:13

tbh I always find sizing rather random anyway - whether from a shop or online, but then I do have a bit of a strange shape esp for trousers! I've never found anywhere to be consistent. In the past I've shopped online with fat face, next, white stuff, asos, but a good proportion of it always goes back. Tops aren't as bad but dresses and bottoms, no way! Some sites are more helpful eg net-a-porter (don't order much, too pricey), where they say 'comes up large/small/etc' in addition to the standard size guide.

MrsMattie Sat 18-Apr-09 10:17:10

I do think you have to accept with online shopping that some of it will go back.

EldonAve Sat 18-Apr-09 10:24:24

I can accept some of it going back and I did keep some of the New Look stuff

All the monsoon stuff was massive, I'd ordered my size (according to their measurements) and a size down and it was all too big
Just a bit frustrated really

Thanks for the recommendations

arestes Tue 12-Jan-16 02:04:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now