Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can anyone recommend a really good intensive conditioner?

(11 Posts)
franch Sat 23-Apr-05 13:51:10

Have tried most of the ones in Boots etc so preferably a salon or beauty-counter type brand? For very dry, processed hair. Thanks.

hub2dee Sat 23-Apr-05 14:03:40

Hiya franch !

When I had long hair (at uni) I sometimes used olive oil. Works very well.

At least it did on me.

And I can confirm, before all the tittering, that it did not turn me into a greasebowl. I have one gloriously sexy slightly moody photo from that era that IIRC shows long curly locks in fine fettle...

Love it when the hair care advice on MN comes from a bloke.

LOL.

BadHair Sat 23-Apr-05 14:06:38

Aussie miracle repair leave in conditioner does wonders with my hair. I use it for the first couple of weeks after I've highlighted it to stop it drying into a frizz. And Frizz Ease serum.
Don't be put off by my talk name, my hair isn't bad any more.

suzywong Sat 23-Apr-05 14:06:41

wow hub2dee
were you wearing a Bon Jovi tour jacket at the same time

titter

SaintGeorge Sat 23-Apr-05 15:12:05

I second the vote for Aussie Miracle. Free Sample

hub2dee Sat 23-Apr-05 15:28:43

Aussie Miracle smells like bubblegum.

suzywong... purlease... I said I had long hair not poor taste.

fuzzywuzzy Sat 23-Apr-05 15:31:40

As I love all things Lush I find American dream hair conditioner is brilliant. If your hair is very dry I think they do one specially for that type of hair too...
Why not pay your nearest Lush shop a visit and ask for a sample of conditioner for really dry hair...????

expatinscotland Sat 23-Apr-05 15:32:49

Kerastase Hair Masque.

franch Sun 24-Apr-05 12:40:36

Thanks for the ideas everyone - especially re. free samples, lovely!

ionesmum Sun 24-Apr-05 14:06:24

Er, second hub3dee's olive oil suggestion. I used to warm it first by putting it in a bowl and then standing it in a saucepan of hot water. You can add some essential oils to make it smell less like a salad. If you want to go the whole hog, wrap your hair in clingfilm after putting on the oil, and then a towel, and leave for 10-20 mins depending on how much you need it.

JanH Sun 24-Apr-05 14:15:02

DD1 loves the Aussie stuff (with kangaroo on bottle?) and she does have gorgeous silky hair despite having highlights, and washing and blowdrying and straightening every day (or most days anyway).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: