Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pressed or loose powder - the same or different formulas?

(6 Posts)
kando Wed 20-Apr-05 18:42:29

Can anyone tell me if pressed face powder and loose face powder are made of the same stuff and just put in different pots, or if they actually are different? I'm happy with my foundation, but feel I need a bit more cover - I currently use Clinique Loose Powder. Would pressed powder give me more coverage? Or should I change foundation too? Can anyone give me any recommendations? Please?!

donnie Wed 20-Apr-05 18:46:56

I find loose powder often leaves too much on my face as well as the 'spray' that goes onto my clothing , hair etc.Personally I prefer pressed powder, it is less messy and lasts longer IMO.Don;t know if they are made of different ingredients though.

dropinthe Wed 20-Apr-05 18:47:46

Clinique Loose powder is very loose and I think doesnt give much coverage-a pressed powder would give better coverage-Clinique do do a good compact-My one is for oily skin and really covers well.

Peachyclair Wed 20-Apr-05 19:47:20

Pressed powder has less oil in it so is much better for the initial make up (I knew the ITEC beauty therapy would pay off- Peachyclair, collector of many careers). Pressed really is for top ups, and is generally less absorbent. Also, because of the way you use a pad to powder your face with pressed, there is a greater risk of bacteria transference.

To powder properly, apply with cotton wool or similar, stroking downwards so that any hairs lie flat. Then take the absolute biggest brush you can find and 'dust' off the excess.

For more cover, change your foundation- it's far better for your skin that layers of powder. there are some great ones out now.

tigi Wed 20-Apr-05 20:35:37

can anyone recommend a nice founation that is not too heavey or shiny. I tend to use tinted moisturiser but would like a nice foundation for when the occasion crops up (ie I am having a haggard day!)- one of those that makes my skin dewy and young (and airbrushed) like on the adverts you see! thanks

Peachyclair Wed 20-Apr-05 20:38:33

If it says light diffusing you should be OK. I've got a great product- I'll nip uspatirs and check the name- that you put under the foundation...

hang on...

(elephant like noises as I haul my large self up the stairs)

Avon Virtual Lift

works for me

as much as anything could anyhow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now