Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MBT Trainers (if that is what they are called) Are they worth the money?

(8 Posts)
scifinerd Mon 23-Feb-09 21:14:41

I have some vouchers to spend and if I bought these thrainers that's my vouchers gone. However if they are worth it then I don't mind. Do any of you have them, have they made a difference, do you recommend them and do I have their proper name. blush Thanks

mimsum Mon 23-Feb-09 21:22:38

I found them incredibly uncomfortable and ebayed them after wearing them twice

superdenki Tue 24-Feb-09 10:57:26

I've got some, i find them comfy and think they are alright if you are on your feet all day but tbh if you're just looking for them to help lose weight/tighten up stomach muscles etc they are not worth the money.

BitOfFun Tue 24-Feb-09 11:01:33

Agree with Superdenki- they are fantastic if you have to stand or walk all day, especially if you often get sore feet or knees, but I wouldn't say they help weightloss (apart from when you take them off, they are pretty heavy!)

What is or about them that appeals to you?

jeee Tue 24-Feb-09 11:04:48

They're ok, but I'm not addicted (with Birkenstocks, once worn nothing else seems wearable). But then mine only cost £4 from a charity shop.

silverfrog Tue 24-Feb-09 11:11:13

I have some and love them.

But agree that weightloss should not be your top priority.

i have a few back/hip/knee issues, and since first trying MBTs a couple of years ago, they have all but vanished.

I live in mine, but again, I'm always up and about (apart from whe I'm on MN blush) - 2 pre schoolers, dog to walk, etc

MarmadukeScarlet Tue 24-Feb-09 11:14:24

<wave to silverfrog, how goes it?>

I'm considering a pair. Since moving to a house with stone floors the whole downstairs I have had dreadful foot and back pain as I do much walking (due to being forgetful and having to retrace my steps alot!).

In fact the only time my feet haven't hurt was when I had a chest infection and was laying down for most of the day every day for a week.

silverfrog Tue 24-Feb-09 16:30:48

<waves back>

all fine here, dd1 settled nicely. I would really get some MBTs in the situation you describe - they have been miraculous for me.

We do also have a memory foam topper on our mattress, and memory foam pillows, which have also contributed, but I am mostly pain free (and click free - have very loose joints which always seemed to be just out of place) for the first time since I don't know when!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now