Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Shampoo that 'remembers your style'...Make up that 'self corrects' to your skin tone...what tosh!!!

(14 Posts)
mrsmaidamess Mon 23-Feb-09 17:28:07

Do they think we are idiots?

What does 'self correcting' actually mean?

How can a shampoo remember anything?

How does make up know what colour your skin is?

Lionstar Mon 23-Feb-09 17:32:11

Drives me crazy too, along with those macho ads for razors with ever more 'intelligent' blades, or the latest toothbrush that ultrasounds your tonsills. I guess they think we were all born yesterday!

AnyFucker Mon 23-Feb-09 17:33:50

yes, utter bollocks

its like ads for very expensive face-creams that penetrate your skin

errr, no

mrsmaidamess Mon 23-Feb-09 17:35:19

I love the mascara ad which claims the longest lushest lashes EVERRRR.

Then in tiny letters says 'Filmed with lash inserts, some post production enhancement'

AnyFucker Mon 23-Feb-09 17:58:12

they think we are fick

sarah293 Mon 23-Feb-09 18:01:39

Message withdrawn

mrsmaidamess Mon 23-Feb-09 18:02:35

What mugs we are!

sagacious Mon 23-Feb-09 18:03:46

I have intelligent foundation

It it starts sprouting Proust at me I'll let you know.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 23-Feb-09 18:05:47

really sagacious? See this is why I dont wear make up, incase it starts growing ancient people in bottles ewwwww

mrsmaidamess Mon 23-Feb-09 18:11:23

Intelligent! I know! Its bollocks! It can't see! It doesn't know if your'e smearing it on your cheeks or your bedside table!

notquitenormal Mon 23-Feb-09 21:26:32

My favourite was the cream with oxygen in it. Can't say I've ever thought my skin needed more oxygen...what with me being surrounded by air an all.

AnyFucker Mon 23-Feb-09 21:28:18

yeah bloody idiotic marketing

but some people must believe it

moondog Mon 23-Feb-09 23:47:04

Aye
Silly fuckers

drlove8 Tue 24-Feb-09 00:00:59

my dd once said to me "mummy you dont need anti wrinkle cream.....because your not an auntie!" lol.... re the shampoo that remembers your style- my "style" is dragged through a hedge backwards,....why would i want that remembered? wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: