Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Radley-type bags without the price (or dog) tag?

(14 Posts)
Habbibu Thu 19-Feb-09 14:50:11

Any ideas? My sister likes the style of Radley bags, but isn't so much of a label queen (any more!) as to want the real deal - i'd like to get her a nice bag for her birthday that isn't quite as painfully priced. Cross-body, ideally. Thank you!

Monkeygi Thu 19-Feb-09 14:55:37

I got a brown cross body bag, v similar to a Radley, from John Lewis. I think it was about £35. Also, MIL got me a black similar from (I think) M & S.

Try Debenhams, too. They seem to have a good bag selection.

Habbibu Thu 19-Feb-09 16:28:19

Thanks - any other ideas while I look at Monkey's?

lizandlulu Thu 19-Feb-09 17:41:18

ry t k maxx, they have a good selection of all sorts of bags and are well pricedsmile

bluesky Thu 19-Feb-09 21:43:43

also recommend John Lewis. Very similar to Radley.

Habbibu Thu 19-Feb-09 21:48:26

Thanks, all.

duvetheaven Fri 20-Feb-09 12:17:57

Are ghd's still the best straighteners? broke mine this morn by standing on them sad

duvetheaven Fri 20-Feb-09 12:19:59

sorry about that meant to start new thread but due to sleeping babt in other arm doing everything 1 handed!

mamadiva Fri 20-Feb-09 12:28:14

Duvet - I believe people still class them as the best but I've never seen why TBH. I swear by Remington straighteners have done for years as does my mum. I had GHD's and they just seemed to do bugger all and you save a small fortune buying Remington.

TKMaxx have lovely bags sometimes, our local shoeshop dos gorgeous bags for about £25-£50 depending on budget it's just a small local business though but might be worth looking in some around your area if you have them?

CrackerNut Fri 20-Feb-09 12:30:48

Agree with mamdiva about the straightners. I had loads of cheap pairs and then got some GHD's and they were rubbish and lasted a couple of months.

I now have Remington ones and they are brilliant.

AxisofEvil Fri 20-Feb-09 12:37:00

You can sometimes get Radley bags in TK Maxx for c60% off.

kettlechip Fri 20-Feb-09 14:09:38

can you? Am off to TK Maxx now!

Try Debenhams for Radley style bags, they have them for about £25.

I do think Radley bags justify their price tag though, the quality of the leather is great. I don't have my dog tag on show or buy the patterned ones as I hate obvious labels on things.

BikeRunSki Fri 20-Feb-09 22:04:26

Back to bags, have seen Radley type bags in Clarks.

Habbibu Sun 22-Feb-09 16:32:07

Thanks, all. went for John Lewis in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now