Talk

Advanced search

Foundation, tinted moisturiser... I don't know where to start!

(19 Posts)
wastingmyeducation Sun 15-Feb-09 10:31:29

I've been using No. 7 Intelligent Foundation since it came out, but have gone off it.
It smells of DSs nappies and I don't like the feel on my skin any more.
I never found one I liked before that, and I don't want a 'full' foundation.

Any suggestions?

What's your fave foundation?

MissisBoot Sun 15-Feb-09 11:57:50

Get thee to a bobbi brown counter and check out their tinted moisturisers.

Laura Mercier has good recommendations on here too!

mrsflowerpot Sun 15-Feb-09 11:58:57

I still love my Chanel Vitalumiere one. I hardly ever use it 'neat' though - I put a squirt in with my moisturiser in the morning and it covers really nicely.

littlelamb Sun 15-Feb-09 12:07:43

I use Max Factor colour adapt foundation with no7 highlighter over the top. It gives nice coverage and the highlighter makes it look a bit more fresh and dewy iyswim. I think heavy, matt foundations will add years to you so def worth investing in a highlighter too. I have used BeneFits High Beam but prefer the No 7

veryembarrassedmummy Sun 15-Feb-09 12:59:55

www.clinique.co.uk

several foundations ranging from sheer to full coverage. Good range of shades for paler skins, imo.

brimfull Sun 15-Feb-09 13:26:17

go to a clarins counter ,they are giving away free trial samples atm
I think their tinted moisturisers are lovely BUT they aren't good on v pale skin.

Benefit one is nice as well.

Clinique almost makeup very good

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sun 15-Feb-09 13:53:40

Chanel do a fabulous tinted moisturiser (which also has a spf 15). I used this when skiing this year and it did a terrific job of protecting my skin from the harsh elements. It gives great coverage. I would also second Chanel Vitalumiere. I hate to be aware of my foundation (which I have found is the case with many others). This is light and moisturising and gives a lovely all-day long glow.

Both worth investing in.

Clinique's Almost Make Up gives good coverage but I found it too drying on my skin.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Sun 15-Feb-09 13:54:25

Oh and the Chanel products all smell wonderful - a little like posh talcum powder!!

brimfull Sun 15-Feb-09 14:04:01

I have been using this clarins one for ancient skin is lovely

rookiemater Sun 15-Feb-09 14:08:59

Will go with my standard recommendation Clinique Almost make up. I have moisturiser underneath and don't find it drying.

Mooseheart Sun 15-Feb-09 14:09:01

Laura Mercier fan here - but expensive and have to go to SpaceNK if I need it.

Have started using mineral foundation which is great - nice and light and easy to apply. Found it hard to find one light enough for my skin tone for some reason - have light olive skin which is by no means the palest in the book but for some reasonmost looked v pinkish and dark on my corpse yellow pale wintry skin.

wastingmyeducation Sun 15-Feb-09 21:24:45

Some top suggestions, thank you!

muffle Sun 15-Feb-09 21:42:59

Clarins souffle de tint - very light and dewy, not matt or "foundation-y".

muffle Sun 15-Feb-09 21:43:19

Actually that might be souffle de teint

cornsilk Sun 15-Feb-09 21:44:33

Chanel vitalumiere foundation and Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. I use both over Clarins beauty flash balm.

SandyChick Tue 17-Feb-09 13:57:02

Hello, id recommend dermalogica. I use their treatment foundation but it goes on like a tinted moisturiser. Very light and natural looking.

I too have used No7 intelligent foundation. I have also used bobbi brown and other leading brands but i always go back to dermalogica. I have Prescriptives mineral foundation at the moment that i tend to wear for evenings out etc but always dermalogica during the day. Its easy to apply, you dont need much and is a good price.

annet646 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:51:41

Hello
I am looking for the super Product :Clarins Souffle de Teint,Colour Tint oil Free 30ml.
I have looked everywhere, but unfortunatly I can't find where to buy anymore.
Please who can help me to get this product ?
Annet

annet646 Tue 22-Sep-09 22:52:50

Hello
I am looking for the super Product :Clarins Souffle de Teint,Colour Tint oil Free 30ml.
I have looked everywhere, but unfortunatly I can't find where to buy anymore.
Please who can help me to get this product ?
Annet

hurricanemanzo Thu 24-Sep-09 01:39:51

How about Mary Kay, you get a free no obligation make over before you buy.
Follow this link:
http://tinyurl.com/mym499

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now