Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone about who has had professional false eyelashes applied..? Advice please..

(5 Posts)
Shhhh Fri 13-Feb-09 13:16:13

Just had a set applied last night, loving them and they are type that look natural BUT glam and long iykwim...

BUT I usually wear mascara and love the "false last effect" (usually use YSL mascara)...Im wanting to use a mascara with these lashes BUT the beauty therapist told me to use a mascara esp for the lashes but I didn't buy it BUT now having 2nd thoughts..

Does anyone know...can I use a normal mascara..? I know its not advised BUT is this because its a marketing ploy or valid reason..? Just don't fancy forking out another £10 for mascara that will only last a few weeks iykimw...
TIA X

wobbegong Fri 13-Feb-09 16:59:34

I think if I used mascara on mine I would have risked brushing them out, if you see what I mean.

Shhhh Sun 15-Feb-09 21:49:10

yeah thats my concern..thing is they do a mascara for false lashes so guess they can't be brushed out but think maybe the one for falsies is easier to remove..?

Hmm....still not got one yet...still keeping them as they are..

anyone else.?

thanks btw wobbe x

clarebear1 Sun 15-Feb-09 23:27:21

im a trained beauty therapist,not gone into it but have done the course. Im my course atm we just use normal mascara on them,i didnt even know there was a fake lash mascara. When i use lashes on myself i use normal mascara and just take it off them with make up remover.
Im talking about strip lashes tho,are yours individuals??

Shhhh Mon 16-Feb-09 15:16:06

Hi, yes mine are individual and told not to apply oil as it will remove mine..think they last around 4 weeks..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now