Talk

Advanced search

wedding guest outfit suitable for breast feeding..

(6 Posts)
Ali2Woo Fri 13-Feb-09 11:25:55

Any thoughts on where it would be good to look for this?

MrsBadger Fri 13-Feb-09 12:14:19

you need a camisole, a skirt or trous and a blouse or cardigan, possibly a wrap one
better long-term buys than specific bf outfits

to feed, hitch up camisole and use cardi or blouse to cover tum

(there is a luscious red silk wrap blouse in Laura Ashley at the moment)

belleymum Fri 13-Feb-09 12:23:20

Monsoon used to have lovely dresses with V neck sort of wrap style tops.
I got married last year and bought one for my own wedding. No problems breastfeeding in a wedding dress in public in mine.

rempy Fri 13-Feb-09 12:25:19

I'm borrowing a Karen Millen dress that is a sort of 50s styled "prom dress" that does up the front for a wedding this weekend. Something like that may be around.

MrsBadger Fri 13-Feb-09 12:25:26

even with a deep v I'd still advise a camisole underneath

hoicking a nork over any neckline is less sublte than hoiking it under one

esp when you consider you will almost certainly have to feed either in the ceremony or at the table unless you want to miss bits

Luxmum Fri 13-Feb-09 12:26:39

Easy! A wrap style jersey dress. I got a divinely flattering one from Betty Jackson in Debenhams a few years back, charcoal grey, long sleeved and rutched with a plunging front and back, which looks smart and sexy and you can just nudge the front aside to breastfeed in. I got it for my DS1s christening.
If it's at a wedding, it would be useful to bring a pashmina (which you prob would ANYWAY, and then be even more discrete.... easy peasy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now