Talk

Advanced search

Please be kind

(6 Posts)
higgle Thu 12-Feb-09 16:32:33

I know it is Boden and I'm possibly up for some criticism here but I have just bought this dress in the Sealion colour I need to look reasonably smartish and be cool at work this summer. Now we are getting a new big boss for our place soon and I don't want to look dull, so it is going to have to be brightened up a bit with acessories.Should I go gold/silver or orange patent? I could use this bag for work and also when I go away to get plenty of use from it [[ http://www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/Womens-Accessories/Bags/AM109/Womens-Grainy-Leather-Shopper.html]] but I'm also looking at this one would wear flat gold sandals, or strappy brown ones as I think orange patent - if I could find some might be a bit much - and I'd need a belt. Any ideas?

BonsoirAnna Thu 12-Feb-09 18:42:12

The dress is very nice (though personally I don't wear linen to work as I get too crumpled too quickly).

I would wear gold sandals and then do a coordinated bag and belt. Brown plaited leather?

squeaver Thu 12-Feb-09 18:46:41

God I wish everyone would stop apologising for shopping at Boden.

Agree with Anna re linen creasing. But I would defo go for orange rather than silver/gold. Silver or gold = evening to me, but orange like the bag would work with say brown belt and shoes.

squeaver Thu 12-Feb-09 18:47:46

Btw, do your really think your new boss is going to be bothered about what you're wearing?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Thu 12-Feb-09 19:27:08

I love the idea of orange with the colour of your dress. I think gold would look good too but is probably a safer option........and you did say you wanted to stand out!

higgle Thu 12-Feb-09 19:40:52

Squeaver, where I work it is 150 women and 4 men - my new boss will be one of the 5 female applicants and like the rest of us she will be very interested in what we are all wearing ( and we will be very interested in what she is wearing too) Orange it is, that will be a nice change, have not had anything orange for years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now