Talk

Advanced search

Isabella Oliver dresses

(9 Posts)
pootlepod Tue 10-Feb-09 10:41:37

I'm thinking of treating myself to a wrap dress from here, this will hopefully be my last pregnancy and I want to try and be glamourous!

Does anyone else rate them, slightly worried about the wrap style, is there enough fabric so that it doesn't keep flashing your legs? Does it wash well too? Or are there any other places I could consider getting something similar but not as much money?

plantsitter Tue 10-Feb-09 10:44:14

My wrap dress from Picchu maternity is the nicest dress I've ever owned!

BoffinMum Tue 10-Feb-09 10:45:39

I ordered one for £85 and it looked like a bit of old Tesco tat when it arrived. The seams were badly sewn and the fabric cheap and nasty. It looked awful on. I paid £5 to get it delivered and I had to pay £8 to send it back special delivery as they refused to pay for a return despite the fact it was probably faulty, and it went over the limit for recorded delivery insurance. So I effectively shelled out £13 not to have a dress. I wouldn't order from them.

plantsitter Tue 10-Feb-09 10:45:47

Sorry I didn't really answer your question - I haven't tried the IO wrap dress but to be honest it is v expensive and I got a couple of things from there I just don't think are worth the money - don't fit nicely and have not washed well at all.

pleasechange Tue 10-Feb-09 10:46:36

I had an IO dress for work and I absolutely loved it. Don't know if they still do it, but it was the one that tied at the front in like a knot. It fitted really well, did not gape and washed well. If you have a largish bust then go for a bigger size

I got mine for £55 on ebay and sold it for £48, bargain!

MamacitaGordita Tue 10-Feb-09 11:51:43

I agree with plantsitter. I got a long dress from them which I wore a LOT- I had a few weddings and graduation balls/events to go to which (sort of!) justified the price. It was lovely but the seams on the inside of the bust were SO itchy! I have two tops from them as well which have washed fine and I wore a lot. All in all I'd say their designs are top notch but their prices are too high for the quality, which is so-so. I bought a New Look dress for £8 in the sale which has washed just as well!

Perhaps Pichu would be better- I bought a nightie from them and was v impressed with quality and longevity!

muppetgirl Tue 10-Feb-09 11:57:25

I have a few items of io's and although they are pricey I still wear all of what I have bought due to the rouching/wrapping. blush I wore them through ds 2's prcy, then whilst carrying him in the sling -the wrap cardi served as a coat through the winter, and then afterwards when there really was no reason to as I have shrunk back but they still fitted due to the rouching. I am now 19 weeeks with dc and are wearing all of the same stuff again so I've had 2/3 years wear out of it so I don't think it's that bad. The mothercare trousers I've just bought 3 weeks ago already has the elasticated waistband unravelling so I will have to repair them just to make them last this pregcy!

christiana Tue 10-Feb-09 11:59:00

Message withdrawn

MrsMattie Tue 10-Feb-09 11:59:23

I have an Isabella Oliver wrap dress. I do like it very much, but it is a tad too short if I am being really fussy.
I am tall, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now