Talk

Advanced search

Fake Tan: Can anyone recommend a really good one for pale skin?

(10 Posts)
Zebraa Fri 06-Feb-09 13:00:13

I'd prefer to have it done professionally but if you swear you have one that is fool proof - suggest away.

Any recommendations?

hobbgoblin Fri 06-Feb-09 13:08:42

I use Dove tinted moisturiser thingy stuff and occasional St Tropez mousse. The airbrush is too wasteful I find.

My skin is olive undertones but I go 'ill' pale out of the sun.

I top up with instant Tan lotion for a quick deeper tan for a night out if bare legs/low neckline.

Vinnie Jones' ex wife said to me at a party "that is the best fake tan I've ever seen" rofl

Linwin Fri 06-Feb-09 13:10:25

I use Clarins self tanning gel (not the milk) when i can be bothered, it lasts a lot longer than having a spray tan done and the colour is good - I have v fair hair and freckles.
Buy the latex gloves from St tropez for application.

veryembarrassedmummy Fri 06-Feb-09 13:46:53

Clarins gel.
I am very fair. I mix it 50/50 with body lotion to begin with, then build up the colour a little over a few days.

georgiemum Fri 06-Feb-09 13:53:22

Lancaster for pale skin.

cariboo Fri 06-Feb-09 13:57:11

Clarins, Clarins, Clarins. Expensive but worth it.

BaDaBing Fri 06-Feb-09 15:00:10

I have recently discovered the Body Shop fake tan, and it's great. Normally have a spray tan if going out, but BS one pretty good for when I'm too busy/skint to do that!

Zebraa Sun 08-Feb-09 18:02:55

My skin is so dry it's unreal so I need a really good moisturising one too. Someone suggested St tropez everyday - is that any good?

Linwin Sun 08-Feb-09 19:42:19

Yes, I've used the St Tropez everyday - it smells nicer than most and applies pretty well but it takes aaaages to build up using the fair to medium strength

Zebraa Mon 09-Feb-09 14:02:31

I need to use a good exfoliator too - what's a good one for dry skin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now