Talk

Advanced search

Qucikly, before I leave for the shops...........swinsuit or tankini?

(16 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Thu 29-Jan-09 10:26:04

I need a new swimsuit as am off to centerparcs this weekend.

I'm three months post baby and have a flabby untoned ovehanging belly sad and I'm more than a little overweight.

so.......swimsuit to cover it all up, or tankini to look less "mumsy".

I have a sarong for when I'm out of the water, but am womdering how much of my midriff will be on show with a tankini as I don't want my stretchmarks on view.

SoupDragon Thu 29-Jan-09 10:26:43

swimsuit

Brangelina Thu 29-Jan-09 10:30:53

Swimsuit

Tankinis are unflattering and a real fashion faux pas.

BitOfFun Thu 29-Jan-09 10:31:05

Swimsuit, tankinis should be renamed "bellydisplaycases". The reason they're not mumsy is that mums can't wear them...

MrsSeanBeanHasGivenUpIroning Thu 29-Jan-09 10:31:46

Sorry it will have to be a swimsuit this time luvvy. Tankinis are very dodgy, the gap is in just the right place for the spare bit to hang out. (I should know.) blush

MrsSeanBeanHasGivenUpIroning Thu 29-Jan-09 10:32:21

x posts with and on same planet as BOF!

Swimsuit, you will be constantly tugging a tankini top down. You can really only wear a tankini if you would be happy to wear a bikini.

LackaDAISYcal Thu 29-Jan-09 10:36:29

OK, that's what i thought....a swimsuit it is then smile

and as i'm off to celebrate my 40th and have three kids, can you really get any more mumsy wink

mooseloose Thu 29-Jan-09 10:37:23

I have a nice tankini from monsoon. make sure the top is not too tight, a little loose is more flattering.

AussieLou Thu 29-Jan-09 12:46:50

Seafolly do tankinis that are made for women who actually have a stomach. The top comes down to hip length. Also do tops that cater to women with boobs that are bigger then most. I have lived in seafolly togs for over 10 years.

MamacitaGordita Thu 29-Jan-09 14:14:28

Defo swimsuit. They are v 'now' now anyway. You are not mumsy you are fashion-forward in the manner of Gucci and Missoni! x

LackaDAISYcal Thu 29-Jan-09 19:54:37

I got a nice swimsuit...yay. the straps feel like they are going to fall off my shoulders, but it was the best of a bad bunch as the shops are full of tankinis and bikinis.

I'll hide under my sarong as well!!

mooseloose Thu 29-Jan-09 20:33:40

noone will see you if you stay under the water anyway! But if you are going down all the slides you may want to stitch those straps a bit tighter! [GRIN]

Mumsnut Thu 29-Jan-09 20:39:27

Tankinis much easier for wees and beach changing imo.

mooseloose Thu 29-Jan-09 20:41:06

wees in the center parc water?

Mumsnut Thu 29-Jan-09 20:43:31

Don't they have loos? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now