Talk

Advanced search

PleASE help me find some trousers for DH

(10 Posts)
ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 26-Jan-09 18:23:49

He wears M&S value jeans..
ALL THE TIME

I have managed to convince him they need to be at least an inch longer and a darker blue.

However when we go out in the evening he has fabulous shirts to wear and then he has nothing to wear on the bottom half.

He keeps looking at suit type trousers

I am at a loss

What do your 30 something men wear that is not jeans

ooh and he WONT wear combats.

thanks - please help me find the holy grail

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 26-Jan-09 18:28:31

[desperate]

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 26-Jan-09 18:30:37

Mine wears cords (but again, you need to be careful about the cut - otherwise they look like Boden Man/Fulham Man.....which is essentially the same thing ) and also khakis from Gap and Abercrombie & Fitch. He has smart trousers from Paul Smith but he usually wears those as part of a suit. He also loves Gant's casual trousers - they are styled like jeans but in cotton twill, iyswim

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 26-Jan-09 18:36:50

thanks - those are great! think you have now both recommended the same thing smile

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 26-Jan-09 20:49:30

yes! MMJ's link is to the exact same trousers favoured by DP (except he usually buys navy and stone )

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 26-Jan-09 20:54:41

ooh they have them in different colours!!

are they worth the money? I am not shy on spending money on my clothes but as you may be able to tell from the value jeans at M&S DH doesn't quite see the point.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 26-Jan-09 21:21:17

smile any other tips?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 26-Jan-09 21:32:37

Definitely worth the money. DH reckons they are far better than Gap trousers with regard to fit and quality.

Austin Reed is another favourite. Some of their stuff can be a bit naff but hunt around in the store and there are some really nice things. DH tells me they do a similar trouser to Gant but not as expensive.

And if you are looking for more casual stuff for him, try Howies or Fat Face.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 26-Jan-09 21:38:08

thnaks smile we need to go out looking without the kids - and I am going to need to bribe him to try things on but I will get him out of his marks and spencers value trousers. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now