Why don't women use 'Just For Men'???

(29 Posts)
mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:00:56

(aside from the brandname)

It says it gets rid of grey hair, in 5 minutes.

It's probably half the price.

So why don't we use it?

VinegarTits Sat 24-Jan-09 14:03:53

I have long hair so depends how much you get in the bottle?

How much is it? i didnt realise it was any cheaper

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:04:44

I've just read an article about it in the times. Let me see how much it is

Ivykaty44 Sat 24-Jan-09 14:05:49

It is the mankeist dye in the world ever - it can ruin a good head of hair and leave it looking like you put some vinegar through it and it rained a bit. Thats why wink

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:06:15

£5.57.

The one for moustache, beard and side burns is £7.14.

I know I'm getting hairier as I get older but I don't need that just yet

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:06:34

Is it really manky ivy?

Ivykaty44 Sat 24-Jan-09 14:08:08

Barbers have always been cheaper than going to a hairdressers - they know that men will not spend as much as woman on their own hair - so they know that if they are going to make a dye for men it has to be cheap - and it is cheaper but also crap.

never use sunin either they are both dyes of the devils child and both need to be put in file 13 grin

Ivykaty44 Sat 24-Jan-09 14:09:39

Perfume on the other hand is much more expensive than aftershave - they know men will spend lots on their lady, but woman will not be conned into spending lots on smelly men wink

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:09:43

ORRRR could it be that we have been conditioned (scuse the pun) to think if we pay more for something it is 'better' for us?

Manufacturers do treat women like suckers a lot of the time.

VinegarTits Sat 24-Jan-09 14:09:48

Well at that price it is more expensive than the brand of hair dye that i usually buy

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:10:24

Well there you are. I think I'm going to try some.

ToAMountainDAISYcal Sat 24-Jan-09 14:18:37

I thought it was just brought out to save men the embarrassment of buying hair dyes that are so obviously marketed at women.....and when it first came out women's hair dyes acted pretty quickly as well (I remember a loreal one taking 10 minutes when I was younger). The quicker the process the more harsh the chemicals as far as I understand it. Since then, "our" hair dyes have progressed somewhat and are much less harsh so take much longer to process the colour.

I wouldn't use it.

ToAMountainDAISYcal Sat 24-Jan-09 14:19:06

if you do mrsmaidamess, you might really be living up to your MN name wink

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:55:10

Hmmm. yes I know.

I'm intrigued though by the thought that we have all these 'conditioning agents', 'jojoba oil extract ' etc etc.

And blokes have plain old fashioned hair dye. Surely they can't be that different?

Ivykaty44 Sat 24-Jan-09 14:58:27

look at shaving creams - those for men just do the job - but thoses for woman do all sorts of things to your legs (they never do the washing up though) it cos traditionally woman like to think they are getting something else and it will make them sooo beautiful.

Whereas men just want sumut to do the job.

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 14:59:17

Well I want something just to do the job on my grey hairs. In 5 minutes. for £5.57.

Watch this space

Ivykaty44 Sat 24-Jan-09 15:00:55

oh heck.........

mrsmaidamess Sat 24-Jan-09 15:02:21

Don't worry Ivy...'On my head be it'

Arf.

suki360 Fri 24-Jul-15 11:34:52

So what happened?

ItsAll Fri 24-Jul-15 11:39:10

I think it might have grown out by now suki grin.

SuperFlyHigh Fri 24-Jul-15 11:49:05

IvyKaty

I sometimes use shaving foams for men - don't like the smell. prefer a sensitive one too. often it's Boots own brand or whats on offer

RolyPolierThanThou Fri 24-Jul-15 12:34:11

All kinds of things are cheaper for men: moisturiser, hair styling products, hair cuts, clothing, shoes. Makes the gender pay gap even more galling.

It's because we're mugs worth it.

Whathaveilost Fri 24-Jul-15 12:38:44

DS1 usually buys the shower gel, shaving foams deordorants etc. Sometimes they are the 'just for men' sort. I happily use them! At least I didn't pay for them!

Doingmybestmum Mon 04-Jan-16 13:24:55

I used a medium brown on my 20% grey hair (roots that is) on New Year's Eve, fabulous results - men don't like "fake" looking colours and I wanted a natural look - I left it on for 6 minutes, used my own shampoo and strong conditioner and it is shiny and ALL the grey has gone. Try it! (ps I don't work for them and was v nervous - got my DD to put it on for me)

Donge13 Mon 04-Jan-16 15:03:40

Omg! I'm going to try this if they do a dark brown. It must be just like Grecian 2000 stuff my mother used to use

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now