Talk

Advanced search

SHOES - what do you wear for work, especially if you have to do a lot of walking?

(10 Posts)
foxinsocks Sat 24-Jan-09 09:37:56

because I just can't get it right

I know some people wear trainers to get to work then change into smart shoes but I'll never get the logistics of that right (especially remembering to take the trainers home)

I have one pair of heels that are very comfortable but I don't wear them if it's raining (otherwise my feet get wet) and tbh, I don't want to wear them all the time because I'll just wear through them (and my feet find being in heels all the time a bit tiring).

So I change between those and ankle boots and flat shoes but my feet are absolutely ACHING today from all the pounding. I have started looking at those 'comfort' M&S shoes and stroking them though I'm sure they are designed for 70 year olds with arthritic feet (the heels are from that range but are surprising fashionable!).

So what do you wear? Where am I getting it wrong?

mysterymoniker Sat 24-Jan-09 09:39:57

these but I am outside most of the time

foxinsocks Sat 24-Jan-09 09:41:18

oh those look comfy...don't they get done in in the rain?

BonsoirAnna Sat 24-Jan-09 09:42:55

Boots. All women wear boots here.

mysterymoniker Sat 24-Jan-09 09:43:28

no they are waterproof

in deep mud/water occasionally an icy trickle can be felt where the zip is at the back but it magically wicks away

they are probably not quite what you had in mind though grin

rubyslippers Sat 24-Jan-09 09:45:08

i wear boot mainly or a fab pair of Clarkes

IotasCat Sat 24-Jan-09 09:45:24

Wear flat boots to work then change into shoes. Wear boots home again.

Keep a spare pair of shoes at work in your desk drawer.

LynetteScavo Sat 24-Jan-09 09:46:35

I have had to resort to Clarks. blush smart but comfy.

foxinsocks Sat 24-Jan-09 09:47:47

oh iota that's inspired

so I should keep smart heels at work...then trot back and forth in comfy but smart boots

think I could manage that <weeps>

I had a nightmare in summer last year when I couldn't wear boots any more. There just seem to be so few comfy but smart normal shoes as opposed to boots iyswim.

foxinsocks Sat 24-Jan-09 09:48:46

oh I now mainly wear Clarks really....it's a sign of age maturity I'm sure wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now