Talk

Advanced search

Combat trousers for shorties

(15 Posts)
nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 19:32:05

Where can you get nice ones ????? Have see lodas of people wearing them and i like them but being a short arse they are all miles and miles too long for me.

Oh and what shoes do you wear with them ???

Slink Mon 04-Apr-05 19:43:49

How about next, they do good stuff, H&M i wear my trainers with mine or sandles in the summer

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 19:44:57

Do H&M do petite stuff then ???

Tried Next but they were still too long.

morningpaper Mon 04-Apr-05 19:45:10

I like them but I think that on short legs combat trousers give the impression of:

head
breasts
belly
pocket
pocket
feet

and somehow I end up looking like I've got no legs...

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 19:48:29

LOL morningpaper, will have to check that out.

I want some that sort of sit on my hips, hipsters i spose as that makes me look slimmer, but then they are just sooooooooo long i could cut the ends off and make a pair of shorts

fisil Mon 04-Apr-05 19:48:40

Monsoon legs are usually good, and M&S do do different lengths (although aren't renowned for their style).

I got some normal ones and took them up. Although you can't do a normal turn up, if you double back the fabric just above the bottom cuff you get an invisible take up.

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 19:51:46

Think i know what you mean Fisil. I am just lazy.

I hate hate hate buying any type of trousers and jeans cos i know it will involve trying several pairs on and coming home with nothing.

Slink Mon 04-Apr-05 21:21:09

H&M do xsmall and small stuff, you could always try Gap, Tescos, Asda? If you wear a little heal you will give the impression you are tall.

hoxtonchick Mon 04-Apr-05 21:23:06

topshop petite?

Branster Mon 04-Apr-05 21:33:51

Maybe they don't do them in short lenghts because they don't suit short people? :-))

you could wear them with trainers, pointy boots , kitten heel ponty slip on kind of shoes (the ones that don't have a back round the ankle . Oh God, what are they called???? - that's what I wear sometimes), nice girly flip-flops.
I think the idea is to make them look as feminine as possible, not like you are a builder wearing trousers.

Branster Mon 04-Apr-05 21:34:28

Gap Kids???

nutcracker Mon 04-Apr-05 21:42:53

Thanks all, will try Gap and Topshop first i think as i seem to have more success there with jeans.

Gap kids might be a good idea too as i do have a gap kids denim skirt somewhere that still fits, had foregotten about that.

Juliehafrancis Mon 04-Apr-05 22:00:28

Dorothy perkins have some combat trousers in the petite section and also in the normal section have short ones!
Got some today!

Smurfgirl Mon 04-Apr-05 22:46:29

Definately Topshop, or Miss Selfridge.

Oh and River Island do nice short combats but they are super expensive.

tiredemma Tue 05-Apr-05 14:33:22

ine just brought some lovely beige one from topshop for short peeps, sit really nice on the hip aswell( i say they are hipster ones, more likely that my belly is hanging over top!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now