Talk

Advanced search

Please help me write a beauty to do list!

(13 Posts)
BadMomma Thu 22-Jan-09 09:44:22

It's my 30th birthday party on Saturday and as I've NOT lost the 2 stone I was planning to, I need to step up the beautification in other areas grin

What do I need to remember to do...? So far I've got the basics...

* pluck chin blush
* pluck eyebrows
* shave legs and underarms

Thank you ladies

BadMomma Thu 22-Jan-09 09:45:07

Also, just realised i'm posting under a namechange here, but can't reveal myself as I'll out my norty doings on another thread blush

rubyslippers Thu 22-Jan-09 09:46:15

face pack

intensive hair conditioning treatment

nails - toes and fingers

all over body exfoliation and then moisturisation

BadMomma Thu 22-Jan-09 09:51:00

Thank you. Am writing a small timetable for Friday night and Saturday morning right now ... will slot those in.

Luckily I'm not a "high maintenance" girl irt beauty so there aren't fake tans and false nails to be sorted. I am having my hair cut and blow dried though, which is a rare treat for me smile

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Thu 22-Jan-09 11:17:11

foot scrub and deep moisturise on heels (even if you intend on covering your feet up, you will feel fabulous!).

Also, I would do your facial either the day of your party or at least a few days before (i.e. today) because otherwise you risk an outbreak of spots at your big moment as your skin detoxes as a result of the treatment. Spots usually appear on my face the day after a treatment wink

Deeeja Thu 22-Jan-09 15:43:40

If this was me, I would have to remover finger digit hair too. But you are probably not a werewolf

WinkyWinkola Thu 22-Jan-09 15:45:06

Get your hair done if you can. It always makes everything better. grin

RipMacAeFondKiss Thu 22-Jan-09 15:45:59

If this was me (whiter than white skin) I wouldn't do fake tan but I would use the Dove build-up-tan-stuff.

I'd also make sure I had the body lotion for my fave scent. Layering up for a night out or special occasion always makes me feel better.

Have a fab time.

expatinscotland Thu 22-Jan-09 15:46:03

manicure and pedicure
and i agree about the hair.

CandleQueen Thu 22-Jan-09 15:46:32

Don't do an intensive hair treatment if you're planning on wearing your hair up. Up dos need a bit of dirt to help them stay! Also if you are curling your hair.
And I second the face pack advice. Do it tonight so you don't get spots!

BadMomma Thu 22-Jan-09 16:32:13

Ooh thank you all. I'm getting really excited now!

saramoon Thu 22-Jan-09 16:45:02

It is amazing how much better getting my eyebrows done and having my hair trimmed makes me feel. I am planning to do both before my birthday soon - but i am going to be 36 not 30.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Thu 22-Jan-09 19:29:39

having my eyebrows done always makes me feel groomed - even if the rest of me is looking rough as a badger's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now