Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which would you have for a birthday present?

(22 Posts)
Fleurlechaunte Wed 21-Jan-09 13:44:10

My Mum wants to buy me something special for my birthday this year. Just to explain it has been quite year, split with H, ds diagnosed with HFA and I had to drop out of college. So before I get accused of being a spoilt brat she wants to get me something special. Which would you have?

these or this

Probably won't even let her tbh but its nice to dream.

AmIOdetteOrOdile Wed 21-Jan-09 13:47:55

Ooh...they are both gorgeous.

Sorry you have had a crap year.

Thinking practically, you will only wear the boots for half the year, but will use the bag all year round. Having said that, if you have young DCs you mightn't get to use the bag that much, whereas you could wear the boots every day for 6 months.

Now, aren't you glad you asked grin?

blametheparents Wed 21-Jan-09 13:49:20

I would go for this (the bag)

missblythe Wed 21-Jan-09 13:50:36

The bag. You will use it for ever, whereas you might fall out of love with the boots.

The bag is LOVELY, by the way!

myalias Wed 21-Jan-09 13:50:41

The bag is gorgeous - you would be able to use all year round.

leoleosuperstar Wed 21-Jan-09 13:50:41

The bag - nice investment type bag that you will use and love for a very long time.

RipMacWinkle Wed 21-Jan-09 13:52:33

ditto everyone else - bag is absolutely gorgeous. Classic and will last a while.

Swoon.

Sorry you've had a crap time recently but you have a truly lovely mum!

Fleurlechaunte Wed 21-Jan-09 13:52:46

You are right AmIOdette. I have one other really nice hand bag, which I never use because it is so impractical with the dc so probably best to go with the boots. I want them boooooooooooth!!!!................Now I am being a spoilt brat grin.

AmIOdetteOrOdile Wed 21-Jan-09 13:54:45

Hang on - I'm sure we can find you a nice bag that you can use WITH the DCs (I have never bought "nappy bags" and have instead bought really large sacks handbags which can carry pretty much everything, including the kitchen sink!

RumMum Wed 21-Jan-09 13:55:08

BOOTS they are lovely

AmIOdetteOrOdile Wed 21-Jan-09 13:55:47

Maybe something like this? It's a bit more expensive than the other one.

Fleurlechaunte Wed 21-Jan-09 13:58:45

I did look at that one and prefer it. Just thought I was pushing it a bit with the price. I might show her both and see what she says wink.

squeaver Wed 21-Jan-09 14:00:52

The bag! The bag! The bag! (either one)

You're not a spoilt brat. Don't apologise for someone wanting to do something nice for you.

belcantwait Wed 21-Jan-09 14:01:00

mmmm yummy that was the one i was looking at and drooling over just now smile

out iof your two choises i personally prefer the boots but the bag is prob the better buy and will never date.

AmIOdetteOrOdile Wed 21-Jan-09 14:07:56

Well you could always show her the bigger one, and say "I was thinking about something like this, what do you think? Obviously I would try and find a cheaper one " and hopefully at that point she'll jump in and say "no, no - I want you to have that one" grin

Fleurlechaunte Wed 21-Jan-09 14:10:55

Exactly grin.

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Wed 21-Jan-09 16:02:06

I would go for the bag. I have a Mulberry Bayswater and have used it almost every day for 4 years now! It used to be stuffed with DS2's nappies and other baby paraphanalia (sp??) but now he's at school tis only stuffed with mummy things.......and the odd playmobil figure

I was so worried about damaging it etc to begin with but realised quickly that I loved it so much that I may as well use it regularly.

traceybath Wed 21-Jan-09 16:12:32

The bag - i currently have a mulberry and use it with all my baby paraphernalia - it fits in a cup, nappies and wipes and snacks.

Bags are for using!

Fleurlechaunte Wed 21-Jan-09 16:16:44

Especially pricey ones. I very much subscribe to the idea of expensive items eventually cancelling out the amount they cost in direct relation to usage iyswim.

ThingOne Wed 21-Jan-09 16:38:06

What a nice idea - how kind of your mum to cheer you up with something so lovely. I'd go for the bag, myself. Where are you? Do you know mulberry has a factory shop about ten miles south of Bath?

bananapaddlepop Wed 21-Jan-09 16:40:40

the bag, everytime.

daisydotandgertie Wed 21-Jan-09 19:10:25

the bag. No question.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now