Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what's

(4 Posts)
Triggerhappy Mon 04-Apr-05 10:01:20

having never either looked or acted my age, i have always worn fashoinable clothes, shopped in Bay Trading, New Look & the like, though it has recently occured to me, that I am now thirty something, and though ive still got a good figure (so i'm told) and don't look my age (so i'm told!) i don't want people to think i'm mutton dressed as lamb!

what i would like advice on, is what is "acceptable" for the thirty something woman of today?

i love all the latest fashions (even miniskirts, though i feel i may be pushing it a bit there now LOL!)

any other thirty somethings & upwards still wearing the latest trends?

TIA for any advice. x

welshmum Mon 04-Apr-05 10:05:50

Well I'm 41 and still like to try trends IF I think I don't look ridiculous. Personally I don't wear minis but that's more to do with my legs than anything else. I'm regularly in Top Shop and will buy 'directional' stuff from there as it's cheap eg. a short jacket and some peasanty style tops (both good as am pg)
I wouldn't bare my midriff though as I think it's undignified after 20 in all but the rarest exceptions - anyway it's hopelessly unfashionable now

Merlin Mon 04-Apr-05 10:11:27

Agree with Welshmum - I'm 42 and consider myself to still have my trendy moments! Wouldn't wear a miniskirt or anything really tight, but love all the boho type stuff around at the moment. I still laugh at my younger sister (age 31) who commented - when I bought a poncho a few months back - that she felt too old to wear one and that maybe I was a bit too!!!! Bloody cheek - I went out and bought another one.

Triggerhappy Mon 04-Apr-05 10:23:13

thanks ladies! excactly the kinds of responses i was hoping for!!

BTW, this thread was meant to be called "whats acceptable for a thirty something woman to wear", but most of the title seems to have vanished!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now