Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Home hair colourers - how often do you touch up your roots? (Esp if you go lighter)

(8 Posts)
Flier Thu 15-Jan-09 22:45:22

I coloured my hair less than 4 weeks ago now and I think I already need to redo my roots - is this about normal?

CandleQueen Thu 15-Jan-09 22:52:21

I don't bother with root touch ups, but then I just "all-over" colour every time. And my colour is similar to natural, just slightly more fetching and shiny!!

hazeyjane Thu 15-Jan-09 22:54:07

I find with Nice and Easy it's 6 weeks, but with others it has been less (Recital's new one was about 2 weeks)

Flier Fri 16-Jan-09 09:55:31

candlequeen, how long o you go between colour each time?
thanks hazyjane, i didn't think that some makes would last longer than others sad

slalomsuki Fri 16-Jan-09 11:15:00

I also don't do the roots but do the whole head. Its every 6 to 8 weeks but then I change brands all the time. I do use an old kids paint brush to make sure I cover the odd roots that are at the front on the hair line etc and that makes it last a bit longer

CandleQueen Fri 16-Jan-09 11:18:36

6 - 8 weeks. Maybe longer, but then my shade is close to natural. If it was much darker or lighter I would probably do about 4-6 weeks.

Flier Fri 16-Jan-09 11:32:13

thank you ladies

cmotdibbler Fri 16-Jan-09 16:04:52

I do my whole head every 8 weeks, and my hairline and parting roots every 4 - I'm naturally very grey so it shows.

FWIW I use Boots own, or Garnier Belle Colour

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now