Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how to do a Pedicure

(10 Posts)
knot Fri 01-Apr-05 15:24:04

Looking at my feet -disgusting really
any beauty buffs out there how do i do a pedicure and get rid of all my hard horrid skin and try and get femeine feet for sandals for summer. thought id treat myself but went to the beauty place but they wont do it cos of the buggy and in case ds is screaming.

expatinscotland Fri 01-Apr-05 15:28:11

I hate having ragged feet!

I use Dr. Scholl's rough skin remover religiously every other day. Then I rub my feet in olive oil, paying special attention to cuticles, and put cotton socks on over them. I do this before bed.

Make sure your toenails are nice and dry before beginning to paint them. File. Then apply a basecoat. Next, two coats of varnish. Follow up w/a top coat.

I never go w/o at least opague varnish on my toes in summer. I find unvarnished toenails in sandals disgusting on adults.

But that's just me. I'm a fusspot about grooming.

knot Fri 01-Apr-05 15:29:35

thanks sounds do able what colour is opague nailpoloish and where can i get it?

expatinscotland Fri 01-Apr-05 15:35:19

Try Nailfinity from Max Factor for the colour and Sally Hansen top coats - they make all different kinds for different uses like strengthening, shine, anti-chip.

I HATE OPI - chips, and No. 7 - also chips.

ambrosia Fri 01-Apr-05 16:51:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

champs Sun 03-Apr-05 15:45:34

hiya!!
for a basic, easy to do at home ped,
1. wash feet
2. remove varnish, file nails in one direction.
3. soak feet in warm, soapy water or add foot soak
4. Dry feet
5. Use pumice stone or foot file to remove hard skin on foot bottom.
* Optional- apply cutile softner to cuticle area and saok feet. apply cuticle remover.
6. using end of hoof stick or orange stick wrapped with cotton wool at tip, remove softened cuticle. push pack remaing cuticle.
7. File nails if need to.
8. Wash debris of feet and dry competely with towel.
9. Using foot lotion or body lotion, massage foot and lower leg. starting from toes upwards. Rotate ankles. If you have dry and/or hard skin really smooth intp these areas.
*Optional- put foot mask or vaseline or even rich cream/mouisturiser if you dont have vaseline onto feet, put feet into plastic bags or wrap in cling film (I use parafin wax and foot liners for a prof ped.) wrap in towel(s), rest for 10-15mins or if time is short as long as you can. Take this time to apply cuticle oil to your cuticles on fingers.
10. Remove towel(s) and bag/film, remove any excess mask/vaseline with towel.
11. apply base coat
12. apply colour, allow to dry
13. apply top coat, allow to dry

14. Flash those lovelt tootsies!!

cod Sun 03-Apr-05 15:46:09

Message withdrawn

champs Sun 03-Apr-05 15:51:13

agree.. the boots foot range is excellent. the balm works wonders. i also like the foaming disks

cod Sun 03-Apr-05 15:54:24

Message withdrawn

champs Sun 03-Apr-05 16:50:44

ooops LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now