This is page 1 of 1 (This thread has 10 messages.)
Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.
Looking at my feet -disgusting really
any beauty buffs out there how do i do a pedicure and get rid of all my hard horrid skin and try and get femeine feet for sandals for summer. thought id treat myself but went to the beauty place but they wont do it cos of the buggy and in case ds is screaming.
for a basic, easy to do at home ped,
1. wash feet
2. remove varnish, file nails in one direction.
3. soak feet in warm, soapy water or add foot soak
4. Dry feet
5. Use pumice stone or foot file to remove hard skin on foot bottom.
* Optional- apply cutile softner to cuticle area and saok feet. apply cuticle remover.
6. using end of hoof stick or orange stick wrapped with cotton wool at tip, remove softened cuticle. push pack remaing cuticle.
7. File nails if need to.
8. Wash debris of feet and dry competely with towel.
9. Using foot lotion or body lotion, massage foot and lower leg. starting from toes upwards. Rotate ankles. If you have dry and/or hard skin really smooth intp these areas.
*Optional- put foot mask or vaseline or even rich cream/mouisturiser if you dont have vaseline onto feet, put feet into plastic bags or wrap in cling film (I use parafin wax and foot liners for a prof ped.) wrap in towel(s), rest for 10-15mins or if time is short as long as you can. Take this time to apply cuticle oil to your cuticles on fingers.
10. Remove towel(s) and bag/film, remove any excess mask/vaseline with towel.
11. apply base coat
12. apply colour, allow to dry
13. apply top coat, allow to dry