Talk

Advanced search

Big boobs but DON'T want to flaunt it: what to wear?

(13 Posts)
mama2boyz Wed 14-Jan-09 09:37:11

hiya!

I wear a 38E, size 18-20 top and I'm struggling to find something that doesn't look frumpy yet doesn't make me look like Dolly Parton!

I'm always around young kids and therefore always bending down and I really don't think it's appropraite to have half my bosom showing.

All I can find in my size are tents with big flowers or very low cut tops. The assumption seems to be that if you have big jugs you want to give everyone a full view of you bra! Not the case for me!

Can anyone help pls?

thanks

nailpolish Wed 14-Jan-09 09:41:41

have you tried bravissimo? they do very nice clothes, and they come in varying sizes of bust, not just 12, 14, 16 etc
tghey also do nice wrap dresses etc and coats

mama2boyz Wed 14-Jan-09 09:53:08

No I haven't tried them but I'll do have a look.
thanks for the reply!

thehairybabysmum Wed 14-Jan-09 10:35:59

Agree Bravissiomo fab, get measured there as a good bra makes sooo much difference.

My standard work 'uniform' is a shirt with either a v neck jumper or tank-top over it plus trousers (or skirt as you prefer).

Tis good as is smart but not too smart plus the jumper/tank top hides any button gape and stops it looking too cleavage-y too.

My friend who has bigger norks than me doesnt get on with tank tops though she just goes for v necked jumpers and buttoned up cardigans over a shirt.

Tank top doesnt sound the best but honestly someone has said i look nice today in my pink one. This look also works with jeans if you dont want o be as smart.

PandaG Wed 14-Jan-09 10:40:28

how about a tshirt with a v neck jumper over? I think if you have big boobs (I do) you need a v to kind of break it up a little, they look smaller then. I always wear either a lowish scoop or a v neck, but you can have a higher t-shirt underneath to preserve your modesty.

agree re bravissimo bras and tops - bras fit well and it is a joy to have a fited top that does not pull.

V-necks will always make the norkage look smaller, if you feel too much on display, they wear a crew neck t with a v-neck on top.

thehairybabysmum Wed 14-Jan-09 11:44:23

For lopwer cut tops that can be a bit revealing i wear a vest top underneath.

moonincancer Wed 14-Jan-09 14:27:41

i was going to say a tight vest or camisole underneath, with adjustable straps so you could rig it up high.

slug Wed 14-Jan-09 14:48:23

Crew necks can make you look like you've got a shelf instead of a bosom.

Gof for the camisole idea. Failing that scoop necks or small V necks. I tend to wear uniqlo long sleeve T Shirts at work. They are good quality, look neat and wash well.

muddleduck Wed 14-Jan-09 16:45:34

I go for very plain boring v necks (with vest under if necessary) with less-boring chunky necklaces. I think this draws the eye away from my bust.
Is a new strategy (for me) but seems to be working. smile

mama2boyz Wed 14-Jan-09 19:20:57

Thanks.
Bravissimo, v-necks and camis it is then! :0

mama2boyz Sat 17-Jan-09 15:50:09

Just wanted to update that I found some brilliant mock wrap crinkle tops from Boden that make my chest look normal!

Finally I don't feel like a freak!

muddleduck Sat 24-Jan-09 14:21:53

link please grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now