Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Budget friendly dress for trip to the theatre required!

(5 Posts)
used2bthin Tue 13-Jan-09 13:45:08

I was going to go with the black dress that I already have but it looks a bit shapeless and frumpy on me now as I seem to have changed shape since I bought it. I need sleeves or to wear a cardi over it, not because I hate my arms, they are fine, more because it will be cold. Also really want a colour rather than black. I suit deep colours, teal, green, purple and pinky red are all good, navy is ok too. And I really can't spend much money, can it be done? Anyone seen anything?

Oh and I need it to hide my awful tummy, I look g since christmas (I'm not!).

used2bthin Tue 13-Jan-09 13:45:31

That was meant to be I look pg

hf128219 Tue 13-Jan-09 13:48:30

Whistles have a good sale on at the moment. Nice jewel coloured dresses down from £150 to £40.

used2bthin Tue 13-Jan-09 13:50:47

Wow really? I looked online yesterday and they only had a few t shirts, I'll try and get to town tomorrow I think, thanks for the tip off!

used2bthin Thu 15-Jan-09 14:13:25

I went to Whistles and my local one did indeed have some lovely teadresses at very reasonable prices(for Whistles grin )but they all looked hideous on me! Really really bad. I had one of those moments in the change room where I realsied I have put on a lot of weight over christams rather than the few extra pounds I thought I had, so that didn't help. So anyone else seen any nice dresses that would flatter a pear with a big tummy?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: