Talk

Advanced search

Changing from one handbag to another.

(55 Posts)
MrsSeanBean Thu 08-Jan-09 14:05:09

Is there a secret to this that I haven't mastered? I am thinking along the lines of maybe an inner pouch which holds all the rubbish essentials which would make changing accessories easy. When I decide to take a different bag I invariably forget to transfer something essential. Such as concealer on a spotty day. The other option, duplicates of everything, is a real pain too.

Maybe we can compile a list of 'handbag essentials'. I can then make sure I take the necessary items everywhere.

Stylish and organised ladies - any tips?

Iklboo Thu 08-Jan-09 14:11:45

People change handbags??? grin

traceybath Thu 08-Jan-09 14:14:48

i change handbags totally for a while - i got a new mulberry handbag for christmas so just put all my stuff in that.

i don't change on a daily basis though - too much faff.

PestoMonster Thu 08-Jan-09 14:19:15

I like to have my bags 'good to go', so I duplicate stuff like tissues, wipes and lipglosses. It makes things easier and then all you have to do when you go out is put your phone, purse & keys in.

blowninonabreeze Thu 08-Jan-09 14:21:18

Not something I do I'm afraid,
but there is a pouch - I've seen a thread about it on here.

Will have a look.....

blowninonabreeze Thu 08-Jan-09 14:22:42

i just googled handbag pouch

xfabba Thu 08-Jan-09 15:47:20

I bought my sis a VIP for Xmas last year - she swears by it, I keep meaning to get one myself

Catilla Thu 08-Jan-09 15:58:19

But that pouch is 22cm long!!

I have a little pouch, a small makeup bag I suppose (£1.99 from superdrug blush) which contains lipsyl, tissues, paracetamol, inhaler, nail file, etc, etc. Then the move between bags (which I do every day or two for work/non-work) is purse, phone, keys, pouch. Makes it easier to find them when you need them too, and they don't get so grubby as when they're all separate in your bag.

That's not to mention of course other extras... I duplicate combs, bring my MP3 player when I want it, and have a whole other bag for kids things (which my purse etc sometimes go in too).

Just some thoughts...

higgle Thu 08-Jan-09 16:07:48

I'm very disorganised and find changing bags stops me from filling them up with junk. I have a book on organising your life (much read, not acted on much) that says you should have a make up bag and two clear pencil cases to hold your other bits and pieces and simply swap from bag to bag. I did try this and it worked until the zips went on the little bags because they had too much junk in them...

nailpolish Thu 08-Jan-09 16:09:25

i just tip the whole thing in

NomDePlume Thu 08-Jan-09 16:26:36

me too NP, me too.

BobtheWoodmouse Thu 08-Jan-09 16:46:39

I use a VIP, the large one, had it over a year now I think, still very happy with it and have converted a couple of friends.

MrsSeanBean Thu 08-Jan-09 16:51:41

Wow, never imagined there would actually be a pouch on the market! It just shows it really is worth googling anything. Thanks.

grin at nailpolish and Nondeplume. Sounds a bit like the avalanche effect I would get!

MrsSeanBean Thu 08-Jan-09 16:52:18

Nomdeplume I mean, sorry.

squeaver Thu 08-Jan-09 16:53:31

My best friend changes her bag on a daily - sometimes twice daily - basis. I had no idea how she does it, then I remembered she doesn't have children...

RubyRioja Thu 08-Jan-09 16:55:01

My DH bought a scarily expensive handbag for me. I love it but now have to carry it for the rest of my life - so that solves the problem of swapping bags grin

BobtheWoodmouse Thu 08-Jan-09 16:59:51

I like the VIP but here are a couple of others that are popular, not sure about shipping though, they might be USA only.

www.chameleoninserts.com/

purseket.com/

MrsSeanBean Thu 08-Jan-09 16:59:59

Ooh I love handbags. Can this morph into a favourite handbags thread?

My all-favourite is a Mulberry Bayswater I got from the factory outlet. It was even in a normal colour (an occurrence rare as gold dust apparently, but had a scratch which, given my lifestyle, was a foregone conclusion anyway.) I love the way it looks but have to be child free to use it as you can't operate it one-handed.

I have always wanted one of those iconic Chanel quilted bags as well, but to the best of my knowledge Chanel don't do factory outlets. grin

NomDePlume Thu 08-Jan-09 17:00:33

Not sure thr pouch would be any good fr me as my bags are all different shapes and sizes so the big pouch would be too big for some and the small would be too small for my big ones.

NomDePlume Thu 08-Jan-09 17:01:52

I detest those vile quilted bags with chain handles.

<bleugh>

So gaudy

LiffeyMummyPig Thu 08-Jan-09 17:02:55

Everytime I change handbags I end up locked out, or without my mobile. It's a really bad idea.

nailpolish Thu 08-Jan-09 17:03:19

god yes me too ndp

what is the point of the pouch? why not just transfer eveything by hand? (or as dh would say - a forklift truck)

my favourite bag is my red paddington. i nearly exploded with delight when i bought it

LOL @ "operate it one handed" i nodded in agreement when i read that blush

MrsSeanBean Thu 08-Jan-09 17:05:05

<<sniffs>>

nailpolish Thu 08-Jan-09 17:07:38

this

is my miost hated bag

mum has one and i just want to scream and grab it and throw it in the fire

she has one with a secret umbrella <shudder>

NomDePlume Thu 08-Jan-09 17:12:01

My Mum has this revolting kipling thing. Looks like something from Milletts but it cost her something ridiculous.

<shudder>

This is my current fave weekend bag. Miffed to see that it is now £50 off angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now