Talk

Advanced search

What kind of earrings do you wear?

(46 Posts)
Yeni Wed 07-Jan-09 09:57:14

I only ever seem to wear small pearl studs and I fancy a change but need some inspiration.

mrsdisorganised Wed 07-Jan-09 10:02:44

I love silver 'jingly' ones, not garish tacky heavy ones though!! Always make me feel better...grin

LaDiDaDi Wed 07-Jan-09 10:03:23

Small diamond studs, all of the time tbh.

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 07-Jan-09 10:05:32

I have some sweet silver robins..will link..I also wear little pearl studs or little diamond studs

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 07-Jan-09 10:07:19

these, in silver

bluebump Wed 07-Jan-09 12:15:39

Diamond Studs pretty much every day.

HeadFairy Wed 07-Jan-09 12:16:46

Small diamond studs for me too. Given to me by my mum and dad on my wedding day and I rarely take them out except if it's a special occasion and I want to put something glitzier on.

themoon66 Wed 07-Jan-09 12:16:49

Diamond studs every day.

NilDesperandum Wed 07-Jan-09 12:17:49

lots! multiple pairs, the quirkier the better grin

ninedragons Wed 07-Jan-09 12:17:57

Diamond studs, mostly, but I do go through the odd phase of wearing dangly semi-precious stone ones. Whizzz made me some gorgeous labradorite ones.

cyteen Wed 07-Jan-09 12:18:09

none anymore, my ears flare up and get all itchy no matter what i wear my own stupid fault for having 8 holes put in at once (was an impetuous teenager) - they've never been the same since!

Rubyrubyrubynoknickers Wed 07-Jan-09 12:18:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Songbird Wed 07-Jan-09 12:20:16

Small but thick silver sleepers or dangly silver or beady ones, usually just one medium sized bead, IYSWIM. But I make them so I can usually be quite particular.

NormaJeanBaker Wed 07-Jan-09 12:21:13

Sometimes wear comedy earrings - witches for my daughter, dangly robots for my son, weird pink and white rubber ones, big hoops with dice for taking a chance, hoops with cupcakes all over them for DD's birthday party, but my diamond studs for special occasions and often none at all. Think long ones better with short hair - otherwise they just get involved in my tangles.

harleyd Wed 07-Jan-09 12:22:39

several ball closure rings, a barbell and a steel tunnel

TheOldGitInTheCorner Wed 07-Jan-09 12:22:45

Daily ones are small diamond hoops (difficult to describe!) - two rows of little diamonds, to match my eternity ring.

TheOldGitInTheCorner Wed 07-Jan-09 12:23:09

Which looks really stupid because I forgot about my name change!

BIWI here

Moondancer Wed 07-Jan-09 12:25:59

Always dangly silver ones with a stud in the 2nd piercing in right ear. Dont do gold!

AllwaysDoingSomething Wed 07-Jan-09 16:02:31

Change my ear rings daily, depending on outfit, how I'm wearing my hair and other accessories. I have lots of costume jewellery pairs and some very special and treasured pairs ranging from hoops, shoulder scraping chandelier style danglies to precious stone studs / metal studs. Today I’m wearing a little dangle of silver leaves.

MrsBadger Wed 07-Jan-09 16:11:51

diamond studs on unimaginative days or when I'm wearing a necklace that'd compete

otherwise a variety of long or short beaded / semiprecious danglers
M&S are surprisingly good

can't bring myself to wear hoops though - when I was small my mother once told me they were common and I now just can;t

mrsmaidamess Wed 07-Jan-09 16:34:37

I find I am wearing earrings less and less these days. I prefer to wear a necklace instead.

There,that gripped you, didn't it.

Yeni Wed 07-Jan-09 17:04:02

Thanks for the ideas. I think I may start angling for diamond studs for my birthday.

CountessDracula Wed 07-Jan-09 17:04:33

Sapphire and white gold studs
Diamond studs
mainly

smurfgirl Wed 07-Jan-09 17:42:45

It depends. Today silver coloured chandelier earrings with purple beads (Matalan). I have lots of dangly earrings so tend to mix and match.

I have some lovely pearl ones, white gold small hoops and cheapie cubic zirconia ones. I would like some diamond studs but I do tend to loose them.

MrsBadger Thu 08-Jan-09 08:45:27

nonono

if you have nice-but-boring studs already don't waste a birthday present on diamonds when for the same price you could get 20 pairs of pretty drop earrings from M&S / Accessorize/ etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now