Talk

Advanced search

these boots... yes or no?

(23 Posts)
themoon66 Tue 23-Dec-08 10:16:23

I'm in two minds

I'm normally a flat shoe/boot person. I sort of liked these when I tried them on yesterday, but worried about what to wear them with. Skirts would be good, but would my trousers all need lengthening? Or are they just naff and I'm looking through rose-tinted, premenstrual shopping goggles?

I need to make a decision today whether to brave the shopping hoards and use my lunch break to go get them. hmm

ILikeToHoHoHo Tue 23-Dec-08 10:19:31

A good choice if you are used to flats.

They will look nice with skirts and with jeans tucked in. If you are wearing with trousers, the bottom of the leg needs to touch the top of your foot. smile

Hassled Tue 23-Dec-08 10:20:18

I'm not convinced by the buckles, tbh - makes them look a bit panto. But I like the shape of the heel etc and overall look - would be good with skirts or under smart trousers. A bit much with jeans.

themoon66 Tue 23-Dec-08 10:33:33

hmm at a bit much with jeans... why?

It was the shape of the heel that first attracted me to them Hassled.

They are quite tight... I shall have to try them on again. Wish I'd put my trousers on today to see whether there is room for tucking in.

fishie Tue 23-Dec-08 10:51:51

nothign wrong with them. they look good for walking in. wear with skirts or tight jeans tucked in not trousers going over the top.

why do you say you sort of liked them, is there something you don't like?

S1ur Tue 23-Dec-08 10:53:51

I like 'em.

Very hard to find anything without buckles this year.

Those have a reasonable amount of buckleage.

AND I like the shape. A lot.

Buy Buy Buy.

themoon66 Tue 23-Dec-08 10:56:35

fishie - I sort of like them because the heels look manageable for a flat shoe wearer like me. I feel its about time I graduated to a bit of a heel <<change of image emoticon>>

The bits I'm 'iffy' about is their chunkiness and whether they'd look a bit OTT with jeans tucked in.

I live in jeans, so whatever boot I chose must look right with jeans.

RubyrubytheRubynosedReindeer Tue 23-Dec-08 10:56:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

quickdrawmcgraw Tue 23-Dec-08 10:59:06

I like them too. Good heel for everyday walking and still high enough to look smart. go for it. I think I might put these on my last minute christmas list to annoy DH.

MincePirateCat Tue 23-Dec-08 11:05:19

i like them, i am only a 'flats' person, but they would be too high for me.

lizandlulu Tue 23-Dec-08 12:48:40

i like too

ggirlsbells Tue 23-Dec-08 13:01:34

They are lovely and I think they would look great with jeans tucked in.I like the tan ones too.

janeite Tue 23-Dec-08 13:09:40

I don't like the buckles much but I do like the heel and the shape of the toe. Just be careful if you are skinny of calf as the Clarks ones come up very big.

I don't think they'd look good tucked into jeans - a bit too principal boy imho.

themoon66 Tue 23-Dec-08 14:13:55

'too principal boy' is what I was thinking. I'm tall anyway (5ft 8in) so I do worry about looking like a bloke in drag every time I put a dress on. sad

My friend has just rung from town... she says don't bother as it's mayhem out there. She is been out hours and only managed to get in 3 shops.

If the size I want is still in the shop after xmas I will buy as they will clearly be waiting for ME and me alone grin

YeahBut Tue 23-Dec-08 14:18:58

Like them a lot. The buckles are v. on trend biker chic too!

janeite Tue 23-Dec-08 14:19:09

I have just peeped at your profile: I don't think you'd look anything like a bloke in drag!

MrsSeanBean Tue 23-Dec-08 14:22:44

I say 'no'.

But I'm hardly qualified to dish out style advice: I only have one pair of boots and wear them with anything. And I must be the only person on the planet who doesn't like the 'jeans tucked into boots' look.

I am old and square, can you tell? grin

Sunflower100 Tue 23-Dec-08 14:56:34

I quite like them but not with jeans tucked in -bit panto!

fishie Tue 23-Dec-08 20:47:59

i'd forgotten how tall you are themoon, you will look great in them. send for them online, you have nothing to lose but the postage cost.

Jewelsandgems Tue 23-Dec-08 21:11:39

I do like the buckles, but will you wear them next year (does that bother you though?) The shape is great, as is heel. I prefer the tan colour.

Hate the boots worn under trousers look - you would have to tuck skinnys in for any kind of up to date look. Or with skirts. If you do wear under trousers, I guess if you are used to flats, your trousers may be too short (and if there is any risk, do not wear them together as this will deplete the stylish look of the boots)

Personally, I went for the riding boot option (£40 from oasis sale) and I live in them, with skinny jeans tucked in.

If you don't get them will you be regretting it? I would brave the shoppers and try them on again, wearing whatever you are most likely to wear them with.

themoon66 Tue 23-Dec-08 22:05:18

fishie... I would send for them on-line, but not sure of size with Clarks. In most places I'm a 6 and half. But can be a 7. I may brave the shops after work tomorrow... say around 4pm, just before everything shuts.

I'm starting to lust after the boots now, after thinking about them all day.

[sad bugger]

themoon66 Sun 28-Dec-08 00:03:47

I GOT THEM grin

Been strutting around the house in them all afternoon.

ceciliaaherne Sun 28-Dec-08 00:30:20

Good. I just read the opening post and ws going to advise you to go for it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now