Talk

Advanced search

help! casual party top for breastfeeding mum with flabby belly

(7 Posts)
mummypig Thu 18-Dec-08 23:24:13

I want something casual but stylish that I can breastfeed in but makes me look as if I have a waist - is it too much to ask for one top?

I am going out tomorrow for the first time in ages. I will be taking bf ds3 (5 1/2 m) with me so I need something good for breastfeeding in. But I want to wear something stylish as I remember feeling very frumpy when at the same person's party and pg with ds1.

I'm probably 14-16 top half and 12 bottom half.

Even if I don't find anything ideal by tomorrow evening, I'm still interested in your ideas. I'd love to move on from my current jersey top-jeans combo which I wear in one form or another pretty much every day.

Dragonbrandybutter Thu 18-Dec-08 23:28:55

What about a top that has ties at the back so you can cinch in at the waist but loosen off to bf?

or a tunic or sweater dress with jeans. you could wear a feeding vest thing underneath so your tummy is still covered while you feed.

smellyeli Thu 18-Dec-08 23:35:23

Gap have some nice merino wool wrap tops in different colour, and you can wear with a camisole underneath and hoik that up and pull the wrap down - and there you go. Got me through 2 weddings and a birthday party this year!

You could try it with a long skirt (fat face, white stuff?)and boots - always makes me feel a bit more galm than jeans (the once a month I manage it!)

Have a great party!grin

smellyeli Thu 18-Dec-08 23:37:02

Colours*

*Glam

Haven't even had wine.

There was a thread earlier about how MN was a superior kind of forum because the grammar and spelling were so good. Not on my posts they aint.

mummypig Thu 18-Dec-08 23:48:45

wow three replies already! thanks, have some long skirts and boots so will go out tomorrow am and have a look at wrap tops and tunics.

Pannacotta Sat 20-Dec-08 16:56:10

There are some nice tops here
www.mummylooksfab.co.uk/long-sleeve

mummypig Mon 22-Dec-08 23:02:28

Thanks Pannacotta, I really like the look of that site, and the 'baby loves disco' afternoons too!

Went out wearing a Jigsaw wrap top with breastfeeding vest underneath. Was pleased with how trim it made me look smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now