Talk

Advanced search

My 8 year old has suddenly developed greasy hair

(3 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Thu 18-Dec-08 00:49:09

It is really bad and I am wondering what to do. She really needs to wash it every day, and that isn't always practical. I have stopped using conditioner and am using a mild shampoo but it hasn't helped much. Has anyone got any ideas of a good shampoo to use? It needs to be gentle as she has got very sensitive skin and reacts to all sorts of stuff. Thanks very much, I am tearing my own hair out trying to find a solution for this one.

Furball Thu 18-Dec-08 08:08:10

Most high street shampoo contains Sulfar lauryl sulfate (SLS) which is an extremely harsh chemical - it's used to clean industrial oil! This could be sripping her hair and making it worse. Try a shampoo without SLS (health shop probably the best bet) although Waitrose have quite a good selection especially in their childrens range.

hohoholepew Thu 18-Dec-08 08:22:09

My 10 year old got very greasy hair last year, she now uses Head and Shoulders Citrus for greasy hair. She washes her hair twice a week . Dry shampoo can help between washes, you just spray it on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now