Talk

Advanced search

laser treatment for upperlip

(8 Posts)
embarrassedlady Wed 23-Mar-05 21:40:31

anyone had this done? how much does it cost, is it painful and does it last most importantly?! thank you

fairycakes Thu 24-Mar-05 10:39:53

havent had it done, but always wondered and interested to read any responces you get

Sponge Thu 24-Mar-05 12:27:49

Not had lip done but I have had underarms.
It doesn't exactly hurt but there is a sharp pinpricky type sensation. There is a smell of burning hair which is a bit off-putting.
It takes quite a few sessions to get rid of the hair altogether but it does last. You may have to have periodic re-treatment as I guess you would naturally grow more hair as you age and this will not have been killed, but what's gone is gone for good.
I love it. Shaving gives me a rash and it's great not to have to worry about it now.
Bikini line next.

embarrassedlady Thu 24-Mar-05 20:07:09

this is really embarrassing, but i ended up waxing it as it got so bad, but now it is starting to get stubbly and even more noticable, so thats why i was thinking of having this done. do you have to let it grow inbetween sessions or can they get the hair from beneath the surface (im not quite sure how it works)

roughly how much is it also? sorry for all questions

Roobie Thu 24-Mar-05 20:34:30

I haven't any personal experience of having it done but I am lead to believe that it only really works where the hairs being removed are darker than the surrounding skin. Hence this would suggest that there would have to be the growth there in the first place to enable the laser beam to be absorbed by the darker hair. Have a google around the internet - there is loads of information there.

Suze2 Tue 05-Apr-05 12:16:55

I've had my upper lip done and I think laser is a fantastic method. Once it's done, it's a great weight off your mind. It's a bit expensive, but in my mind was worth every penny! It's a bit uncomfortable at the time, but very very quick. I've had 4 sessions and may need a couple more later in the year. Good luck.

wilfulwife Wed 06-Apr-05 20:22:16

bit off topic,but,did anyone see "10 yrs younger" last week,with the cleaner/nightclub owner guy?If you did what did you reckon to the laser treatment for the red veins?Was th eresult worth the pain/money?Has anyone had it done?TIA

lovecloud Wed 06-Apr-05 20:27:03

Hello my friend had this done quite a few times, spent alot of money and no it did not work.

But i cant beleive that if it does not work that all these companies carry on trading so I guess its a case of finding a good one. Maybe you could ask to speak to one of their happy clients for proof.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now