Talk

Advanced search

Recommend a good face mask for oily, spot prone but sensitive skin, please :o)

(15 Posts)
NomDePlume Tue 22-Mar-05 10:37:42

Title says it all really, despite being too old for 'teenage' skin, I still get hormonal breakouts and greasy skin.

I used to use T-Zone tea tree clay mask, but it appears to have been discontinued and all the other clay type masks I've tried have been too much for my sensitive skin, leaving it red and a bit blotchy for hours afterwards . Trying all these products is costing me a small fortune and I'm totally wasting it, as stuff gets used once and then never again. I'm prepared to spend up to £30 on a good quality mask for my skin type, please help !

I do as much of the healthy diet stuff as I can bear, and I only drink water (with the odd glass of wine), so please don't tell me that I need to change my lifestyle.

TIA
NDP
xxx

NomDePlume Tue 22-Mar-05 10:38:42

Gawd, I sound irresistable, don't I ?!

NomDePlume Tue 22-Mar-05 10:41:31

I've heard good things about Dermalogica stuff...

sweetmonkey Tue 22-Mar-05 10:54:18

i tried a superdrug own brand mud face pack and found it really god. ihave sensitive skin too and this is what the mask is designed for, it is so cheap too. i think under £2 for a tube which lasts ages!!
alot better thanany of the other masks i have tried
HTH

NomDePlume Tue 22-Mar-05 10:54:54

Thanks

Marina Tue 22-Mar-05 11:01:03

I like the Clarins Masque Purete, NDP.
From a fellow spotty at times oldster.

NomDePlume Tue 22-Mar-05 11:07:50

I like Clarins stuff, Marina. Will try to wangle a sample from my local counter.

lou33 Tue 22-Mar-05 13:30:23

paper bag NdeP?

dyzzidi Tue 22-Mar-05 13:31:45

I like clinique? I'm sure they will give you samples

DillyDally Tue 22-Mar-05 13:49:17

Nuxe do a really nice face mask that is very calming and cleansing
You can get it at Selfridges and the boots shop pure beauty if they still exist

Marina Tue 22-Mar-05 13:50:28

A helpful suggestion there from the naturally gorgeous pole-dancing siren mod

sis Tue 22-Mar-05 13:53:27

Don't know about face mask but dermalogica daily microfoliant really worked for me - it took about two months before it made a consistent difference. I use it once a day together with the moisturiser for oily skin and my skin is much, much better. Only buy the stuff on e-bay as shop prices are ridiculously high.

sis Tue 22-Mar-05 13:54:26

sorry, just noticed that you already mentioned dermalogica stuff.

NomDePlume Tue 22-Mar-05 14:07:56

Have bought the dermalogica anti-bac face mask, got at for £19.66 from a discount dermalogica website (20% off regular prices). Considering I found the same product for £27.99 on another site, I think I got a bit of a bargain

Lou - Will bear that in mind....

lou33 Tue 22-Mar-05 19:51:04

works for me NdeP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now