Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just had my eyebrows done in Harrods!

(14 Posts)
froot Mon 21-Mar-05 19:42:58

£21 and worth every penny - it has transformed my face!!!

desperatehousewife Mon 21-Mar-05 19:43:30

was it threading?

helsi Mon 21-Mar-05 19:52:19

I had mine done by SIL. £2.00 & looks great.

froot Mon 21-Mar-05 19:55:14

Yes it was threading. It is sooo neat it looks as though she used a ruler! Have never had hair removed from above the main brow before, and it has completely changed their shape. I have got magazine eyebrows!

helsi Mon 21-Mar-05 19:55:58

ooo no don't fancy threading - will stick to wax thanks. did it hurt?

desperatehousewife Mon 21-Mar-05 19:59:24

really fancy trying that.

ScummyMummy Mon 21-Mar-05 20:01:17

What's threading, please? Have Dennis Healylike brows and need to know more!

hermykne Mon 21-Mar-05 20:01:30

would love that

AuntyQuated Mon 21-Mar-05 20:02:49

beauty woman up the road £4.50

froot Mon 21-Mar-05 20:09:19

Oh God scummy go for it! Threading didn't hurt as much as plucking. It was sort of a vibrating twanging feeling. Having said that it still made me eyes water!!

But strangely not a red mark in sight afterwards....weird!! Just calm beautiful brows.

I 'grew ' them for 6 weeks before as had plucked them quite thin. Oh she also trimmed then as well - short near the fat end and longer at the tapered end.

I just wish I had taken a before photo!

When I woke up and looked in the mirror I thought I had make up on already.. but it was just the brows..

Sorry I sound obsessed don't I, but having been blessed with a natural Gallagher style monobrow
necessitating multiple plucking sessions per day to keep it under control, this is a revelation!

I've only once had them done by someone else before and I emerged with horrible arched brows and a very surprised look...I have been scared to let anyone near them again. But I thought Harrods a sfae bet havivg read about it in a mag.

champs Tue 22-Mar-05 14:08:27

hi all!

ScummyMummy, threading is the removal of hair using a piece of thread. The thread twines around the hair and pulls it out. It's traditionally an asian technique and has very good results.
dont be shocked if you see the beauty therapist holding thread in her mouth.

froot Wed 23-Mar-05 18:50:42

Yes she held an and in each hand , and a third end in her mouth. She was of middle eastern descent I would guess and very skilled!

DelGirl Wed 23-Mar-05 19:20:49

OMG, I had my eyebrows threaded in Dubai and it hurt soooo much I had to tell her to stop. It hurt much more than plucking but maybe she wasn't doing it right or I'm just a wimp but I almost cried but was laughing at the same time as I was so embarrassed .

AuntyQuated Wed 23-Mar-05 20:00:57

how long does it take? waxing is painful but as it is so quick i can cope..both done in well under 5 mins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now