Talk

Advanced search

What does your summer wardrobe consist of?

(40 Posts)
ThomCat Mon 14-Mar-05 21:43:42

I've been driven to creatin g this thread by the amoun t of mumsnetters that so strongly disagree with 3/4 length trousers, see Cod's thread on 3/4 lenght sleeve tops.

My wardrobe, in summer consists of ^a lot^ of 3/4 length style trousers and vest tops and flip floppy style shoes. Lots of other things but day to day I'm sporting 3/4 lengths with something or other, casual, smart, day & night.
I've got a red rouched pair, black linens, white combat style, khaki combat style ones, smart black ones with trun up, denim 3/4's and so on.

What about you? Do you wear them in summer and if n ot what do you wear?

lockets Mon 14-Mar-05 21:44:43

Message withdrawn

wheresmyfroggy Mon 14-Mar-05 21:46:05

Me too, comfy and keep you cool

hate shorts

wobblyknicks Mon 14-Mar-05 21:46:05

Agree with you - my summer wardrobe is 3/4 length tops and trousers, tonnes of vests and jeans (for colder or bad leg days)

NomDePlume Mon 14-Mar-05 21:47:09

Is it possible to strongly disagree with 3/4 length trousers ?!

Hmmm, summers aren't generally that hot so I can pretty much wear normal length trousers and autumn stuff with t-shirts or vest-type tops. Have been known to don the odd skirt too, if I'm having a 'good leg day' and I don't look too pasty.

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 14-Mar-05 21:48:03

I have a white linen knee length skirt and white linen trousers which I've had for years but they're a brilliant capsule piece.

Don't mind 3/4 trousers though.

JoolsToo Mon 14-Mar-05 21:48:37

scarf, bobble hat, gloves, sheepskin mitts

wheresmyfroggy Mon 14-Mar-05 21:49:21

...........hardhat

Bearess Mon 14-Mar-05 21:49:28

I wear knee-length skirts mainly - I like 3/4 length trs but they look crap on me. My sis wears them and looks fab but I can't quite carry it off. Also linen trousers - long!

Xena Mon 14-Mar-05 21:49:34

I am scared cause I don't know where my summer wardrobe is I ws pg last summer and we moved 14mths ago and I haven't seen any of it good excuse for a shopping spree The missing wardrobe contained the same variety of 3/4 trousers as TC but I haven't seen many in the shops this year??

ThomCat Mon 14-Mar-05 21:50:22

Oh thank god, i was disparring of the v negative attitude towards 3/4 trs and i know i'm not wrong about them, just needed to know there were some 'normal' like-minded mumsnetters on here!

Blossomhill Mon 14-Mar-05 21:52:01

I wear them in summer and my 3/4 jeasn I wear with long boots in the winter.

I adore 3/4 trousers

JoolsToo Mon 14-Mar-05 21:52:18

wmf - yes on top of my bobble hat!

Surfermum Mon 14-Mar-05 21:52:36

Don't worry Thomcat my summer wardrobe is the same as yours. I can't wait for summer to come and to be back in flip flops.

Bearess Mon 14-Mar-05 21:54:47

I panic bought a pair of tweed 3/4 length trs in October (going off summer here and concentrating on the trouser issue) and gave them to the charity shop as I felt like Little Lord Fauntleroy.

lunavix Mon 14-Mar-05 21:56:59

Summer wardrobe?

I have a collection of jeans and tops I wear all year round... occasionally with one of dp's jumpers over the top if I'm cold!

I need a new wardrobe - one with seasons! and fashion! - half my clothes I've had for 5 years plus, some of the more recent additions still have tags on! Maybe we should do a clothes swap...

ThomCat Mon 14-Mar-05 22:00:01

hurrah, thought I was going to have to flounce from mumsnet in disgust!

Surfermum Mon 14-Mar-05 22:02:46

It would have to have been 3/4 of a flounce, not a full one.

ThomCat Mon 14-Mar-05 22:03:41

LOL!

merrygoround Mon 14-Mar-05 22:11:22

From Trinny and Susannah What Not to Wear book: "golden rules for short legs - cropped trousers will only accentuate your lack of leg"!!!

Last summer I became obsessed with noticing how stumpy cropped trousers make many a woman's legs look. It's true - somehow the leg looks as long as the trouser, which is why T&S suggest that those of short pins should wear the longest trousers.

I love the look of cropped trousers on long legged women - sadly they make me look stunted.

chocfreeclary Tue 15-Mar-05 08:02:45

Thomcat I wear 3/4 length trews sometimes, have a nice pair of Boden black linen ones which are in fact a repeat buy, the other ones wore out through so much wear.
However, I do find they get baggy at the knees and then look a bit odd iyswim. I wear them more for comfort that style, frankly.
Also wear shorts (baggy and down to my knee) and last yr had a nice bright patterned cotton skirt from Dorothy P.
I would like to wear summer dresses but couldn’t find one I liked last yr. Did use to have loads but then I got too small for them all after I had the babies [smug emoticon].
Crikey is that it? One skirt and a pair of linen cut-offs? what did I wear to work last yr???

Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 08:07:55

Message withdrawn

Cod Tue 15-Mar-05 08:08:05

Message withdrawn

motherinferior Tue 15-Mar-05 09:14:16

I have cropped legs, but still like cropped trousers a lot.

Lonelymum Tue 15-Mar-05 09:17:16

I don't much like 3/4 length trousers (although I own some) as I feel they are either too hot or too cold for the day. I throw caution to the winds and wear shorts and (my fav item of clothing last year) a skort with vest tops.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: