Talk

Advanced search

who had changed their looks

(25 Posts)
biglips Fri 11-Mar-05 11:03:32

what was you like before and after?

as im gonna put streaks in my hair, wear abit of make-up, tidy up my nails, lose weight (well im losing it anyway as its falling off me so need to tone up), start wearing short skirts again (as ive got the legs but dont show it off), grow my hair abit and experiment it - straight, curls, etc as before i was pg, i was getting lazy and my hair was a pony all the time, and couldnt be bothered putting make up on (mascara and lippy) or do anything as didnt have the energy to do it as it boiled down to my job which i hated, now ive left my job and now a full time SAHM, ive woken up alot and ive looked at myself thinking "sort ya self out girl" to start looking pretty again (DP is happy the way i look)

SeaShells Fri 11-Mar-05 11:07:27

I do this every couple of months or so, I'll slowly let it slip, then I look in the mirror and think, god I really need to sort myself out! You feel really great after a good freshen up.

Think I'm due for one actually!

loudmum Fri 11-Mar-05 11:33:36

I am about to do this -- hitting 40 and need to revamp... bought all the books, had a laura mercier make over, buying some news clothes, losing weight, changing hair and you can bet my DH won't notice any of it!

thank god for my DS who notices whenever I get something new and always says how nice I look!

lou33 Fri 11-Mar-05 11:41:25

i look radically different to how i did 5 years ago. Weight, hair, clothes.. i saw a pic of me from that time a couple of days ago and i honestly don't look like the same person. Dh said if i had robbed a bank then and went back there today they wouldn't bat an eyelid, because it would be impossible to recognise me. He likes the way i look now but he does get insecure ,he thinks i am going to be whisked off by a better offer. I keep telling him not to put ideas in my head!

NomDePlume Fri 11-Mar-05 11:42:04

You are a hottie though Lou....

biglips Fri 11-Mar-05 11:45:58

well thats why i wanna change my look cos ive turned 30 last november and now its time to change my looks. its also coz ive made good friends with a girl who look fab and gorgeous every time i see her and i think "state of me, i need to tarted up abit"

NomDePlume Fri 11-Mar-05 11:46:04

I don't look like I did a few years ago.

A fellow MNer (fairly spartan poster) looks totally different to how she did 5 years ago. She showed me her driving licence photo and I couldn't believe it was her. everything is different, she look loads younger now too !!!!!

lou33 Fri 11-Mar-05 11:58:57

i look younger too dh reckons

mummytosteven Fri 11-Mar-05 12:01:18

i want to do this - at the very least even if I don't lose the weight, stop wearing elasticated maternity clothes, fleeces as jackets etc. DH is fine with they way I look, would be happy if I wore a bin bag.

kama Fri 11-Mar-05 12:09:21

Message withdrawn

nutcracker Fri 11-Mar-05 12:10:50

I need to change it all, but am not confident enough to do it so i just stick to what i know.

Smurfgirl Fri 11-Mar-05 12:12:10

I lost 4 stone and got into fashion in a big way

Now I have a nice haircut, I like to wear short skirts, and generally just look more groomed. I just to look sooo scruffy!

Bugsy2 Fri 11-Mar-05 12:24:22

Did a fairly major overhaul after ex-H & I split up. Lost weight, dyed my hair Scarlett Johannsen blonde and went out and bought yummy, girly clothes that make me feel great and not like the sad, frumpy mum I had turned into.
I do my nails, always wear make up (not nec loads)and have generally got a lot more selfish - instead of being a martyr to my ex-H & children.
Wow, on a bit of a roll there!!

loudmum Fri 11-Mar-05 12:34:26

kama, laura make over was great -- the make up artist took a lot of time over it and it did look amazing, there was no pressure to buy but I did get the basics and although it never looks as good as when she did it, still looks good. she gave me colours I would never normally use and it did open my eyes to new ideas... I have always been a lipstick girl, now I am more eye orientated with very pale lips, rather than my usual blood red/orange that I used to use!!

I went to LM @ Harvey Nicks... very good and free as long as you buy 10 quids worth!

Sponge Fri 11-Mar-05 12:34:45

I think I've evolved over the years rather than ever radically changing.
However had a meet-up with some school friends about a year ago, after nearly 20 years having not seen any of them.
Almost all of us looked pretty much identical to our school days - certainly instantly recognisable. The only exception was one guy who had got fat and bald and looked like a banker.

kama Fri 11-Mar-05 12:38:00

Message withdrawn

biglips Fri 11-Mar-05 18:43:18

bump

biglips Sat 12-Mar-05 19:41:22

bump

biglips Sat 12-Mar-05 20:18:53

rogan2001 Sat 12-Mar-05 20:22:35

Hi, biglips and smurfgirl, what diets did you follow to lose so much weight?
I have had a real struggle to get back to my pre pregnancy weight after 3 years, i still look 6 mths pregnant. i've tried atkins, cal counting, nothing seems to work for me, i've got a wardrobe full of gorgous clothes i am desperate to get back in to. I've always made the effort with doing my hair and full make up, it's just the weight i need to shift so i can get back into wearing trendy clothes instead of looking so mumsy.

biglips Sat 12-Mar-05 20:27:54

My weight had fell off me as ive lost 2.5 stones and im not on a diet but im just watching what i eat and small portions, as before i was pg i had big portions eg, brekkie had 4 weetabixs, 3 toasts adn a cuppa then big packed lunch etc, but since had baba 5 months, my appetite had gone tiny as i struggle on eating 3 weetabixs and im full for at least 5 hours, then one sandwich and an apple and im stuffed, then small portion of tea, then nothing till the following day...

biglips Sat 12-Mar-05 20:28:52

and i walk for half an hour with baba in pram every day

biglips Sat 12-Mar-05 23:43:01

bump

biglips Sun 13-Mar-05 22:54:15

user1489274289 Sat 11-Mar-17 23:30:49

Hi everyone
I want to change my looks but I do not know how to do it.
I am very classic and have been wearing same style clothes and hair for longer years.
When I go shopping, I found myself had bought the same clothes.
Do you have any advice on how to be more feminine and attractive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now