Talk

Advanced search

Am I too old to wear ugg boots?

(16 Posts)
wonderwoman73 Sun 02-Nov-08 19:45:27

I'm 35 and before having my baby was a total heels girl but now I need flat boots cos heels aren't too practical for playgroup, the park etc and my knees hurt if I wear heels for too long!

2manychips Sun 02-Nov-08 19:56:56

I wear them and I'm 37. O dear I never considered I might be too old.

needmorecoffee Sun 02-Nov-08 19:58:39

they are ugly. My mum has something similar!

widgypog Sun 02-Nov-08 20:08:22

I am 33 v nearly 34 and I wear uggs...yes they are fugly but bloody hell they are comfy. (Disclaimer ..I am young looking!!)
Be warned though they do make you look shorter and stumpier than you are in case you have an issue with either of thoos things. The thing about Uggs and age I think is along as you keep them for playgrounds and school runs and NEVER wear them out past 5pm then they are fine..go for it

savoycabbage Sun 02-Nov-08 20:11:17

Good advice widgypog! My fashion radar is telling me that grey ones are 'in'.

missblythe Sun 02-Nov-08 20:12:52

My mum wears them, and she's 60! Just try to forget they look like jacket potatoes and enjoy the comfort.

MrsMattie Sun 02-Nov-08 20:14:04

I'm 31 and wear them constantly in winter. I need warmth and comfort! Grey are a bit 'fashion victim' though grin. And chestnut are very last year, dahling. Black or chocolate brown are the understated way to go.

elsiepiddock Sun 02-Nov-08 20:20:04

Accept that they'll make you look short, fat and with legs like tree trunks and embrace the comfort.

My mum has 2 pairs hmm

lou33 Sun 02-Nov-08 20:28:52

i'm nearly 42 and i have some knitted ones a friend gave me

i love them

wonderwoman73 Sun 02-Nov-08 20:33:22

Thanks ladies, I'm thinking about these ones and debating between dark brown and black

www.justsheepskin.com/ladies-sheepskin-boots/ladies-tall-cheriton-sheepskin-boots#swatches

Had no idea grey was this season's colour!

Ronaldinhio Sun 02-Nov-08 20:38:05

not too old but perhaps too stylish???

themoon666 Sun 02-Nov-08 20:57:09

they are old lady boots anyway.. enjoy

NotanOtter Sun 02-Nov-08 20:58:21

i saw a 60 year old in them .....my advise is wear TIGHT jeans

WitchWorley Sun 02-Nov-08 21:03:34

now see, tight jeans are a no no on me, i have to wear bootcut, but my uggs fit underneath them, im still wearing the ones i got last year (i must have been ahead of the fashion then as they are chocolate ones that i got from the states!) they are sooo comfy and warm, but now i have been wearing them for so long they are starting to smellblushas dp likes to tell me! im 31 bty. i love crocs as well so maybe that says it all smile

stleger Sun 02-Nov-08 21:20:53

I am ancient and I have Primark ones and I think cod does too!

mimsum Sun 02-Nov-08 21:59:02

well, you're not too old, but imo no-one should wear ugg boots out and about - they're slippers fgs - my mil has been sending us family-loads of ugg boots from australia for years so we've always had warm and snuggly feet but ONLY indoors grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now