Talk

Advanced search

So, I am wearing

(12 Posts)
WinkyWinkola Sun 02-Nov-08 19:12:06

this dress to this charity bash DH and I are going to in three weeks.

Dress code is cocktail dress. I thought it was black tie which would have made it easier somehow but anyway.

But what shoes? I am a size 9. Sigh.

Black opaque tights? I think that might look a bit odd. Sheer black or flesh coloured?

Please help!

Jewelsandgems Sun 02-Nov-08 19:27:36

Wow gorgeous dress winky! I agree that opaques is all wrong for cocktail dress event. To be honest, I would go for a spray on tan and not wear tights at all. And then you rest of you will have a lovely golden glow too.

Jewelsandgems Sun 02-Nov-08 19:53:00

Sorry shoes-wise, silver strappy sandals?

KatieMorag Sun 02-Nov-08 19:56:13

lovely dress but I would need more than spanx for that envy. which colour do you have?

elsiepiddock Sun 02-Nov-08 19:56:45

Dress is gorgeous.

Please don't wear opaques.

Would agree with jewels, tanned legs - or very good flesh coloured with missing toes (iykwim) - and strappy sandals.

KatieDD Sun 02-Nov-08 19:56:56

I think flesh coloured tights, a fake tan is a bit naff in winter IMO and yes silver strappy closed toe sandals or tights without the toe seam.
Love the dress, my boobs and ass are too big

Tillyscoutsmum Sun 02-Nov-08 19:58:42

Gorgeous dress.... The matching shoes are stunning but maybe too many £££ for something you probably wouldn't get much additional wear out of ??

Agree with silver strappy and flesh coloured/no tights

Jewelsandgems Sun 02-Nov-08 19:58:54

These say light gold but look nice and do some in a 9
lk bennett pale gold shoe

Or these are silver and show 9 available
lk bennett silver peep toe shoe

FeelingLucky Sun 02-Nov-08 20:02:39

Love the dress, I'd go with flesh coloured tights and the pale gold shoes ... gorgeous.
Have a great time!

Jewelsandgems Sun 02-Nov-08 20:02:58

Mmm Katie I think the white wintery flesh look and mis-matching legs (because of tights) looks alot more naff than a golden even tan!

(Never mind that the satin dress may show he seams of the tights in which case hold ups may be the only option regardless....?)

KatieDD Sun 02-Nov-08 20:09:26

But everyone is white in winter, I don't get the perma tan look at hmm

Jewelsandgems Sun 02-Nov-08 21:05:09

I do know what you mean Katie. And I am not suggesting anything a la jodie marsh on terms of orangeness. But that dress deserves serious glamour! And - for me - that means flawless skin [and no dodgy tight-seams through dress, or through sandals!]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now