Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So what would you wear with this?

(16 Posts)
Slouchy Sat 01-Nov-08 09:21:45

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220291338301For a formal dinner dance (monkey suits for the boys). Got shoes etc, it's the top half I am struggling with.

Disclaimer: I have Jordanesque tits (30J shock) so need something not too clingy, with straps for a decent bra. Colours which suit me are teal/greens/browns etc.

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 09:42:40

Is it black? In which case I would go for black.Or maybe silver. I'll have a look at a few sites for inspiration. What size top do you normally wear?

Slouchy Sat 01-Nov-08 09:42:53

Oh come on, I know its saturday morning but there must be some styliosh folk awake!

Hellllp

Slouchy Sat 01-Nov-08 09:44:27

Ooh sorry mrs maid. It is black, I usually wear a 14 but 16 can fit norks better. trouble is 16 can float on size 12 waist/drown narrow shoulders etc. Grr. Buggering bosoms.

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 09:51:16

Well I had a look on Dorothy Perkins and Top shop...but whats stopping me from posting any possibles is the top part of the skirt...its quite a thick waistband so not sure what would go with it. But I won't give up just yet!!

CurseOfTheMinnieMummy Sat 01-Nov-08 09:53:18

What about a halter neck?

Slouchy Sat 01-Nov-08 09:55:03

Minnie...did you read what I said about my norks! I neeeeeed undercarriage support!!

(But thanks anyway smile)

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 09:55:29

Just had another look... but its the whole drop waisted 80's thing thats floored me.

Oh my God I've lost my style powers. I've been beated.

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 09:55:50

beaten even

CurseOfTheMinnieMummy Sat 01-Nov-08 10:01:04

Not to be all 'yes, but', but, halter neck with built-in support maybe? I am G cup and have worn such items.

like this kind of thing, but in your size

Slouchy Sat 01-Nov-08 10:02:40

would this do it? Tucked in, belt removed?

Slouchy Sat 01-Nov-08 10:04:31

Yeah, see I love those, minnie. But they stop at a H. And I am not confident enough about my norks (actually I HATE them and would love to get them reduced) to wear something like that.

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 10:04:47

I think thats a nice top but it needs a 50's style prom sort of skirt.

Slouchy Sat 01-Nov-08 10:13:07

Hmm. I don't think I better bid on it then. I've even been googling images of strawberry switchblade (remember them?) for inspiration!

Safe, trusted old monsoon topand skirt combo it is then. Harumph.

(But thanks)

mrsmaidamess Sat 01-Nov-08 12:01:45

I'm sorry to say it but THANK GOD you don't already own that skirt. I think its really hard to find anything that will go, and you run the risk of looking like you are at an 80's fancy dress party.
Go with the trusted option! Or get a dress (Primark have some LOVELY evening dresses for about £20, long black elegant, pleated from the waist, very nice.

colacubes Sat 01-Nov-08 12:17:24

I would wear depending on your arms, a scarlett pink top not a thin strap thing!, a good material, something with a thicker sleve maybe capped. Then I would wear a big sparkly broach (could be jet or clear), on the left side above the breat on the strap, along with killer heels. Hair if long down and messy, but nicely done, and a nice black clutch! Love the skirt by the way, you have a good eye, very classy but sexy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now